S I X

Grey

I kept my eyes on Rose the entire time as she walked to the bathroom. 

I sighed when she turned the corner,and I was unable to see her anymore. 

"Grey..." A soft voice said 

I turned and looked into the concerned eyes of Sky. 

"Yes?" I sat back in the booth and wiped the condensation off of my cup. 

"You need to tell her soon" She said, her voice still soft. 

"I can't" I whispered "She hates me" 

A frustrated noise sounded before small hands rolled up the long sleeves of my thermal shirt. 

"You have to tell her soon Greyson" she urged me "Your tattoo hasn't filled in since the first time I saw it. 4 years ago" 

She's right

My Mate tattoo hasn't filled in at all since I found out that Rosabella was my mate. At first I thought it took days to fill in, like it had with my brother Gabriel, but that wasn't the case. Weeks passed by and it still hadn't filled in yet when I started to worry. 

I went to my parents for answers but when I did, my mother burst into tears and my father became perplexed. 

When they didn't have answers, I went to my older brother and his wife. 

I only told 4 people because I didn't want the rest of my family to worry about me. 

Sky and Kaden only found out because I was playing soccer with Kaden at their house. It was 100 degrees outside and I was so into the game that I forgot about my tattoo and took off my long sleeved athletic shirt. 

When I thought that saw Sky's eyes drifting down my body I smirked and was about to make a remark to Kaden about his girl when I saw that he was looking at me too. 

And that brings me to this current predicament. 

"I can't tell her Sky. She won't understand and I don't think she'll like it very much if she finds out that she has to spend the rest of her life with me" 

"She doesn't hate you"Kaden said "You just...didn't make the greatest first impression with her"

"I was young and didn't know how to handle meeting my mate" I whined "I was just do excited to meet her and make her mine. She wouldn't even give me the time of day in Junior High, so I had to think of something"  

 "And you most definitely don't make the best impression with her now" Sky raised her eyebrow "What was that little show you two pulled just now? Plus, why the hell is word getting around that you're seeing other girls when you have your perfectly good Mate right here?"