F O U R T E E N

Grey

I couldn't help but keep the smile on my face as I drove Rose towards my house. 

She was so adorable, sitting in the front seat, dwarfed in my clothes with her curly hair. 

I can't believe I never noticed that she had curly hair. 

'Well, duh' I thought to myself 'You just started to be a friend' 

I mean, she was gorgeous to begin with but something about her natural curly hair and blue eyes made my heart pump over time. 

She looked softer, more delicate and my Wolf just wanted to curl around her and protect her. 

"Greyson?" Rose's soft voice brought me back to reality "Are you alright?" 

"Yes" I said quickly "Why would you think I wasn't?" 

"Because we've been stalled at this green light for ten minutes" she replied sarcastically 

"Sorry" I gave her a sheepish smile

We were bathed in silence so I decided to break it. 

"So..." I asked smoothly "What did you want to talk about?" 

"Garrett" she turned and looked at me "I want to talk about him but before I do, how's Eva?" 

"Eva?" I looked at her in confusion "What are you talking about?" 

"Garrett told our third period teacher he had to leave early because of a family emergency. When I asked him what was happening, he said it had something to do with Eva?" 

I grabbed my phone out of the center console and unlocked it. 

Zero Messages 

Zero Phone Calls 

Zero Facetimes

Knowing Gabriel, he would have blasted Alerts through the whole country if something was wrong with Eva or Kenna. 

He definitely would have mind-linked me, considering I was the Pack's Beta. 

That leaves me with only 1 conclusion: Garrett Lied to Rose 

I was shocked because I'm pretty sure they were like BFF's. 

They told each other everything