T W E N T Y - E I G H T

ROSE

I nervously fiddled with the rose petals on my dress, smoothing my hands over them back and forth before repeating the process over again. 

Greyson grasped my hands and pulled me to a stop, squeezing my hands with enough pressure that made me look into his eyes. 

"I'm really nervous" I blurted out before he could speak "Like Mrs. Patterson's Chemistry final nervous." 

Greyson smiled at that, remembering the last day of school when I was dry heaving all the way to school with him. A day he constantly teased me about every time I would ride in his truck. 

"It's okay to be nervous" he said softly, pulling my body into his "I would be freaked out if you weren't." 

"I'm going to end up getting us killed" I murmured into his nice dress shirt, which surprisingly enough, coordinated with my dress "I can feel it." 

"Whatever happens in there" he kissed my forehead "We'll deal with it. What's the worst that can happen?" 

🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹~🌹

Grey

I.SPOKE.TOO SOON. 

As soon as we walked into the large ballroom, three men and one woman stood straighter. Dahl leaned against one of the pillars next to the Queen's table and the Queen herself stood, gesturing us to come closer. 

"I have a bad feeling about this" Rose mumbled underneath her breath. 

I agreed but said nothing, my wolf pacing anxiously inside from the confines of my body. 

The Queen grasped Rose's hands as soon as she was in reach, urging her to sit down. 

Rose glanced at the strangers, a question registering in her beautiful eyes. 

"What's all this about?" she blurted, shivering as the strangers followed her every move. 

The Queen pursed her lips before glancing at me. 

When our eyes met, my hackles rose. 

Her gaze was filled with so much venom and hatred that I'm surprised she didn't kill me on the spot. 

I mean, she could, considering that we were in her kingdom and what not but it was obvious she was only restraining herself (just barely) for her granddaughter. 

I think she knew that if she killed me, Rose would never listen to what she had to say nor would she agree to anything after that, so the only real option the Queen had to keep Rose compliant was me.