E I G H T

Rose 🌹

I waved goodbye to Kaden and Sky before turning to Greyson. 

"I would like to go home now" 

"What's the magic word?" he teased

"Now?" I supplied before taking out my phone "Or else I'll call my Uncle" 

He rolled his eyes grabbed my wrist "Come on Shorty, I'll take you home" 

I ignored the little sparks of fire that ignited in my body at his touch and discreetly removed my wrist from his grasp. 

He raised an eyebrow but said nothing and walked to the passenger's door. 

I stood there, watching him, and he motioned for me to climb in. 

"I didn't know you had manners" 

He laughed "My Mom taught all her boys manners. It was the first thing she taught us when we were old enough to understand. I pretty sure we learned how to treat a woman right before we learned our names" 

I laughed and jumped in the car. 

When I securely strapped my seat belt in place, Greyson closed the door and quickly rounded the car. 

He got in, buckled up, and immediately left the restaurant's parking lot. 

The car was relatively quiet, except for the hum of the truck's engine. 

"So..." Greyson started "What type of dessert do you want?" 

I looked at him "I was only joking. You don't have to buy me anything"

He glanced at me before turning down an unknown street "It's only fair. You paid for everyone's meal. I pay for dessert" 

"But..." 

"No buts" he grinned "My treat and it's final" 

I grumbled but didn't argue any further. I knew that once he set his mind to something, he would see it through till the end. Something I secretly admired about him but would deny it until my grave if he ever found out. 

"Where are you taking me?" I asked as he kept driving through unfamiliar territory. 

"You'll see" 

"Greyson" I warned "I'm not one of your floozies who hangs onto your every word and takes yes as an answer. Either tell me where we're going or stop right here. I'd rather walk home"