T H I R T Y - T H R E E

ROSE

I woke up to Greyson humming "Once upon a December" from my favorite movie, Anastasia.

I smiled against his chest and snuggled closer, contently closing my eyes as he played with my hair.

Suddenly, my eyes popped open when the rush of memories from yesterday came to my mind.

"GREYSON!" I jumped off him, my body nearly completely on top of him.

He gave me a lazy smile "Hi Pretty girl."

"Are you okay?" I rushed to his side "How'd you sleep? Does anything hurt? Are you in pain?"

He started to sit up and I pushed him back down.

He let out a short laugh "You're worse than my mother."

"Your mother's the best mother I know" I glared at him "So I take that as a compliment."

He started unraveling his bandages.

I gaped at him "What are you doing?"

He ripped the gauze covering his wound and I gasped when I saw the wound almost completely healed.

"Huh" Grey said "Guess it's going to leave a scar."

"How is that even possible?" I said, sitting on the bed for closer inspection.

Greyson's mouth quirked up in a smile "One of the perks of being a wolf is that we heal faster than humans."

I poked around the newly pink skin "So you would have been fine yesterday?"

"No," he shook his head "I most likely would have died if it wasn't for you."

There was a pause and he cleared his throat.

"Speaking of yesterday...." he started "I was wondering..."

I paused my prodding of his skin and lifted my head, surprised to see Grey at a loss for words and blushing.

"Yes?"

He huffed "You're really going to make me say it?"

I grinned "I'm really going to make you say it."

He snorted out a laugh "Minx"

I winked at him.