T H I R T Y - N I N E

Rose 

"So..." I fumbled awkwardly with my hands as we walked deeper into the garden "I didn't plan this."

"I figured as much" Grey chuckled "The little wolf told me that this was all his idea." 

"Little Wolf?" I questioned "You know what he is?"

"Of course I do" he said "I could smell his wolf." 

"He has a wolf?" I asked excitedly "That's great!" 

"Of course he has a wolf" Grey cocked his head to the side "Why wouldn't he?" 

I bit my lip "It's not my place to tell their story." 

Grey chuckled under his breath "Always the saint." 

I made a face at him "That's not true." 

"Oh really?" He raised an eyebrow at me "Name one bad thing that you've done recently?" 

"Besides hanging out with you?" I bit my lip, glancing and smiling at his smirk "I've cussed recently." 

He balked out a laugh "You're a real rebel." 

I hip bumped him and walked faster, making it to the middle of the maze before he could. 

I gasped when I saw what was there. 

In the middle of the maze was a table set up romantically with lit candles and two platters covered with silver tray covers. 

"Wynter did this for us?" Grey said, wrapping his arms around my waist and laying his head on my shoulder. 

"Weylyn did" I smiled "She just managed him and distracted the others." 

"Well we can't let this beautiful scene go to waste, now can we Princess?" 

"No, we can't." I smiled at him. 

Grey lead me to the table and pulled out my chair like a gentleman before taking his own seat. 

I lifted the platter cover and smiled at the cute assortment of food, obvious to me that it was assembled quickly and by a child. 

"The kid sure does have..." Grey picked up the powdered sugar donut with a raised eyebrow "Sugary tastes." 

I picked up the tiny Princess cake and took a bite out of it "Not everyone is a health nut like you Mr. Soccer Star." 

"I'm not a health nut!" Grey exclaimed "I'm just conscientious about my diet during soccer season."