Chapter 1 - Back to England

Cataleya's POV

I got out of the car and stood in front of my aunts house. The English house looked beautiful with flowers surrounding it. The stone white water fountain is the most outstanding feature. Memories of my childhood came flooding back.

"Cataleya!" My attention turned to my cousin, she was always the most beautiful. Her blonde hair flowing like a waterfall behind her back. Her ocean blue eyes shining with excitement. Even though she's shorter than me, she could still pass as a model. Noticing the weight she lost got me wondering if it was because no one was there to protect her from all the bullying. I felt guilty for leaving, I should have just stayed with my aunt and cousin.

As soon as I saw Tiana I ran towards her. "Tia, I missed you!" I practically shout with excitement and hug her tightly. Me and Tiana were close from the beginning, we would hang out with each other and play hide and seek. She was one of my best friends and seeing her after a long time makes me realise how much I really missed my mom's side of the family. After hugging each other for what seemed like ages we walked inside the house.

"Mama look who's here." Tia screamed while I put my hands on my ears stopping myself from going deaf. She's quiet around people but at home she's loud when she wants to be.

My auntie greeted me with her usual bubbly self. "Cataleya I'm so happy you're back here with us, you look so much like your mother." She hugged me and lightly kissed me on my cheek.

"Auntie I missed you, thank you for letting me stay." I hugged her again to show how grateful I really am.

Tia grabbed my arm and pulled me up the stairs "Okay enough chatting lets go, I need to update you on all the things that has been happening since you moved to Spain. By the way you look gorgeous."

Tia led me to my room, the room was painted a creamy colour. Pictures of me, Tia and my mother all hung on the wall. An apple laptop was placed on top of a small white desk next to the bed. A white french dressing table occupied with a jewellery box on top. The fairy lights around my room made it look magical.

"Errm....Cataleya I haven't told anyone about you returning to London." Tia's voice was filled with worry.

I smiled at her, "It's cool Tee, I want to surprise everyone." I then winked at her and sat on the bed.

"Micheal keeps asking about you." I tensed my jaw as soon as she mentioned Micheal's name.

"Can you get me something to eat please, I'm really hungry." I said and she left the conversation at that.

I met Michael at a couple of gatherings, I used to come to London often to visit my family but then things got intense. Last time I came Michael and I got closer, I was going through puberty and it was that awkward stage of wanting to be in a relationship that got me really talking to him. Worst mistake of my life, in school they were teaching him about sex education. One day he randomly came up to me and started kissing me and before I knew it he had taken my shirt off and his trousers, I may have kicked him in the balls after I caught on to what he wanted to do.

I thought he was helping me undress for the pool party.

My mother died in a car crash when I was 9. After moving to Spain I went to school and became friends with this cute boy. Was it fate, destiny I don't know but we started hanging out after school and I would go round to his house. He had a carer who would teach us self defence, when I got a little older I noticed that he was training us to be part of the gang he was in. My life hasn't been that bad with the gangs but at home it has been a misery and nothing ever seemed to go right. Life is unfair.

When Tia returned with a tray of food, I ate while she updated me on all the gossip. I was daydreaming like always. I was too tired to listen, and there wasn't much to talk about. After a long hour of Tia talking and me pretending to listen I was left alone.

There was this one time when I trialled to live in London with my aunt and cousin, I enrolled to a school which was different to any other towns. Children would start school at the age of 7 and leave at the age of 18 to go to university. It was thought to make it easier for everyone in my town as most schools were too far. Long story short I went to school for about a week or two and got expelled for, and I quote 'being the worst student in history' which I totally disagree on.

I lay in bed, I felt exhausted and homesick. I closed my eyes hoping to fall asleep. After 3 hours I gave up. How can my dad do this to me? What happened to me being daddy's little princess? I sighed.

Is my life going to be miserable forever? Will I ever trust anyone again? How long will the feelings of despair stay with me? Thinking got me tired and I somehow I managed to fall asleep.

____________

Sorry if this chapter is boring. This is the first book I've ever written so please bear with me. HEHE

It will get interesting eventually.

Your thoughts on Tiana?

Vote - Comment - Fan