Chapter 30 - Conscious

Cataleya

I walked out of the building keeping my head down so no one notices me, I called a taxi and went back to the mansion. I payed the taxi driver and unlocked the door to walk inside. I was a complete mess, my hair was all over the place and I had blood stains on my body due to the amount of skin slashing I had done with my knife. My eyes were probably dull and I couldn't even walk straight as the needle that was inserted into my thigh had a weakening poison which had travelled all over my body now. I didn't know what chemical was roaming around my body entering my blood cells but as the minutes passed I could feel myself draining out of energy. 

As soon as I stepped into the living room gasps echoed around me, everyone stared at me with wide eyes and Paris ran up to me looking me over for injuries. She probably thought the blood all over my body was mine but the deep ruby blood covering my arm and thigh were only mine. 

"What happened?" She whispered and blinked a couple times probably trying to see if the blood covering  me was real or not.

A ghost of a smile covered my face but faded after a few seconds. "It's all over, every things over."

"What are you talking about Catt?" Tia asked feeling concerned.

"They're dead." I cried hysterically while laughing at the same time, tears falling freely from my bloodshot eyes yet my lips had turned into a huge grin and I was laughing as if the whole situation was funny.

Leo placed his hands on my cheek and forced me to look at his ocean clear eyes. "Cataleya calm down and tell us what you're talking about."

I swallowed the salty tears and the words that came out of my mouth were nothing but cold. "I killed the people who ruined my life, I killed the people who hurt my Daniel. I tortured then killed them, just like they did to me."

"Shhhhhh they didn't kill you, you're still here." Tia spoke up and put her hand on my shoulder rubbing small circles to calm me down.

"Don't you get it, they killed me from the inside. Even though they're dead I will always remember my childhood has nothing but a waste. I can't go one day without looking over my shoulder." I started to cry again and this time Leo let go of me, not knowing how to control the demon that was possessing me.

Jack was the one who pushed everyone out of the room but he stayed behind, he looked at me in sympathy. A look which I had grown to hate, it made me feel even more weaker.

"Don't look at me like that." I whispered.

He looked at his shoes before glancing back up. "Everything's going to change, just give it time." The way he said it was so fake, even he found it hard to believe his own words.

I couldn't take it anymore, so I screamed, shouted and overreacted. "CAN'T YOU SEE EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED, DANIEL IS IN A COMA AND THE DOCTOR EVEN SAID THERE'S A LOW CHANCE OF HIM WAKING UP." I sunk to the floor holding my chest that was suddenly in pain.

"AND YOU THINK IT'S EASY FOR ME, I'M SLOWLY LOSING MY BEST FRIEND HECK I'M LOSING MY BROTHER." He shouted back at me and punched the wall behind him before looking back at me.

I felt someone clawing its way from the inside cutting through my heart and tearing the flesh apart. "He can't leave me, I love him so much to let him go." This time my voice came out in a whisper. Jack didn't say anything but he stayed rooted in his place still looking at me.

Suddenly my body was in pain from head to toe, I screamed and cried even more as my limbs felt as if they were on fire. Jack noticed that something was wrong so he ran over to me and kneeled down to examine me.