Chapter 27 - Let the war begin

Cataleya 

I woke up in Daniel's arms, he held me tight protectively against his chest and I stroked his hair feeling lucky to have an amazing boyfriend. His intoxicating scent was all over me, he smelled heavenly and I started to think about the future. I have never believed that I would be able to live this far, I always imagined to get killed sooner or later and now I actually want to live on. I want to be able to marry and have kids,  as well as have a proper job. This life isn't as fun as people think, I always have to watch my back in case someone decides to put a bullet through my head or even throw a knife at my back, I constantly have to live in fear yet I don't show it. Why? Because those who show fear will eventually die, not because of our emotions but because we're showing weakness and that is one way people get to kill you.

"What are you thinking about?" I looked at Daniel and realised he had woken up, he stroked my hair and kissed my neck once. 

I smiled at him. "Nothing important."

I knew he wanted to know yet he didn't ask again because he didn't want to waste time anymore. "We start today." 

I looked at him with uneasiness, he was talking about the elimination process. I barely managed to nod and he held me tighter as if saying it was going to be okay. 

After we got dressed and had breakfast, we managed to get Sergio's gang working with us on the clues to the whereabouts of my 'parents'. I was flattered at how I was being treated, everyone looked at me as if I was their goddess and I didn't complain. At the same time some it didn't feel right to lead the gang at the moment and I'm so used to getting orders from Sergio that I stood motionless while Daniel mostly done the work. 

"Cataleya?" I must have spaced out, Daniel and a few gang members were looking at me with worry.

"Hmmm?" 

He cleared his throat and the gang members left the room. "Are you feeling alright? You seem a little lost."

I sighed and sat down on a chair. "I'm just tired and I want everything to end, I haven't been able to do anything fun and I just can't wait to finally be normal." I answered truthfully and he kneed down in front of me cupping my face. "Sweetheart I promise you that as soon as everything ends I will make sure you live the life you always wanted and I want you to know that I will never ever let you go, I will always be there for you."

I smiled at him and gently kissed him, he returned the kiss and when we broke apart he sat down on the chair next to me looking at documents. I tried to help but my mind wasn't prepared for any of this, unwanted questions were running through my head. What if things don't go the way we plan them to? What if we both die in the process of the elimination? If one of us had to die I would rather it be me, because I have nothing to live, except Daniel. But if it means saving Daniel is going to be the last thing I have to do then so be it.

The door burst open and Sergio's best friend entered. "Seńor (Sir) we have finally found the warehouse." 

Daniel stood up as fast as lightning and ran out the room with Sergio's best friend, things were working out so far. The thought of seeing my 'parents' was making me nauseous. I slowly walked out of the room and headed to where everyone else is, my vision became blurry and I had to use the wall to steady myself while walking. 

As soon as I entered the basement, people were getting the guns out of the cases and loading them onto the SUV's, protective gear was being handed out and knifes were being placed into boots. Everyone was saying their goodbye's to each other like they always do, it was a thing that people in Sergio's gang did. We would say goodbye to each other before a mission just in case we don't get out alive. It was a weird thing to do but it made everyone feel better.