Chapter 22 - Elicit

Daniel's POV

I stood beside her waiting for her to gain consciousness, staring at her angel like face made me think twice. Do I care about Cataleya? Do I even want to spend the rest of my life with a broken soul? Is she worth getting mixed up with my problems? The answer to all the questions were yes.

My feelings for Cataleya were mixed. I love and hate her at the same time, the hatred sometimes makes me think of killing her but then I remember how much I love her. Without her I would remain the same old Daniel, the guy who kills for fun and doesn't give a shit about anyone. Cataleya is the only girl I would want to spend the rest of my life with, without her I'm nothing.

What happened today was a wake up call, I was seconds away from shooting Cataleya when I was stopped. I couldn't believe I was capable of killing the only person I love. I nearly left Cataleya there to bleed to death but then I remembered how I turned into a real human being after I met Cataleya. She was my saviour.

12 hours earlier

I saw the bitch cry on Sergio's shoulder, the way she held on to him like her life depended on it. From the day I arrived I've been following Cataleya and the bastard, as the days passed they became close acquaintances but then I realised not only were they acquaintances but the bastard was in love with Cataleya. And she knew it herself.

In a short amount of time I gathered enough information to know who the real Sergio was. I found it amusing how Cataleya went for gang leaders, she has a thing for bad boys. It made me sick, she only played me.

I took the sniper out of the case and started getting ready to finish the job. I looked through the eyepiece making sure my aim was clear. Nothing could stop me now, the bitch deserves what she gets. I took several deep breaths before lying on my stomach and aiming towards the beautiful brunette, she was really an angel.

I saw Sergio's hand rest move against her back in a rhythm, his hand was too close to her lower back and I had to take few more deep breathes to stop myself shaking from anger.

"Concentrate!" I muttered to myself.

She let go of Sergio and headed towards the luxurious bed. After Sergio left the room, Cataleya held onto the covers crying again. What could she be crying about? Actually I don't care.

I cursed and started counting down "1.....2....2 and a half.............."

"Daniel." I took my finger off the trigger and turned around shocked. My gang was staring at me in horror, I slightly had to look away in shame.

"Jack what are you guys doing here?" I had my fists closed trying to control my temper.

He sighed and walked nearer. "You don't want to do this man, it's not who you are. Look at her..isn't she the girl of your dreams? Don't you want to finally settle down with someone who you truly love?"

"For fucks sake Jack look at me. I'm wrecked. She tore my heart out and now she's cuddling with another man. I can't stand watching her in another mans arms, it's not right." I shouted and he looked at me in pity.

He made me turn around and watch Cataleya. "Mate look at her, she's just as broken as you are. Don't you think it's time for you both to sort things out? How much do you love her?"

I looked back at the rest of the gang and they were patiently waiting for my answer. I looked back at Cataleya and closed my eyes. "I love her more than I love myself, I love her so much that it hurts every single fucking day."

"Then you know what to do." Paris crossed her arms, I could tell she wasn't impressed with what I was about to do.

I nodded in understanding, I was going to get Cataleya back. I would fight anyone that stands in my way regardless of who they are.

"DANIEL..." Paris covered her mouth with her hand and pointed towards the mansion. There were men all dressed in black entering the mansion with weapons, many were near the balcony where Cataleya's room was.

"FUCK!" I shouted I took the sniper and positioned myself ready to shoot.

"STOP ARE YOU MAD, YOU MIGHT HURT CATALEYA." Paris grabbed the sniper and I was left with no choice but to run over to the mansion.

I ran out the exit as fast as I could, and the adrenaline was pumping through my veins. Nothing was as important as Cataleya now, nothing. I went through the back garden and Cataleya was struggling against a guy in a mask, she tried screaming but he put his hand on her mouth and nose which made her become unconscious. I was too shocked to notice her blood stained shirt.

"CATALEYA!" I shouted which made everyone turn around. I ran towards the van they pushed Cataleya in but it was too late.

I shouted in frustration then ran back to the gang to help me find Cataleya. As soon as I got back we started planning our mission but our major problem was finding out exactly where they took Cataleya, since we don't know the streets well it took a long time. But by the time we found the destination we raced to the warehouse which was quite far, the gang had brought weapons with them but most of the members from the other gang were already lying dead on the floor. I knew Sergio's team arrived before us but it didn't mean that they were successful.

We had to kill a few more gang members to get into the warehouse but it didn't take long, I ran while searching the warehouse for Cataleya. There she was lying on the floor crying, Sergio lay dead next to her and a man pointing the gun towards Cataleya was about to pull the trigger when I beat him to it and shot him straight through the head. He fell instantly and I saw his face, he looked strangely like Sergio. I picked up Cataleya and noticed that she had blacked out, she had lost too much blood and if she didn't receive help then she could die.

So here I was sitting next to Cataleya as she lay on the bed peacefully, we were able to hire a surgeon who took the bullet out and stitched her wounds. She had lost to much blood and if I didn't arrive on time then she could have died. I held her hand and made a promise that I would keep this time, Cataleya only belongs to me and I promise to take care of her as long as I'm alive.

"I love you." I whispered in her ear and kissed her lightly on the lips.

___________________________

R.I.P Sergio <3

and there you have it folks your beloved Daniel is back :)

On the side with Cataleya's picture.

Vote - Comment - Fan