Chapter 16 - Dirty and Mean

Daniel's POV

I chugged the alcohol which tasted like water now and sang loudly to one of my favourite songs, at the same time I was laughing and moving my head to the song.

"I'm dirty, mean and mighty unclean

I'm a wanted man

Public enemy number one

Understand

So lock up your daughter

Lock up your wife

Lock up your back door

And run for your life

The man is back in town

So don't you mess me 'round

Cause I'm T.N.T."

I looked in the mirror on the wall, my hair was ruffled and my eyes were blood shot from the drugs but I didn't care. I raised my eyebrow and chuckled quietly.

"You're back in the old games Dan the man." I winked at my reflection.

One hour passed and I had lost lost count of how much alcohol I drank, I was now lying on the floor staring at the ceiling and losing consciousness. The door slammed open but I didn't look at the person who entered my parents home.

"Daniel?" I recognised the voice but didn't respond, all I wanted to do was be left alone so I could have fun. "I'm not going to leave until you answer." Jack said lowly and I scoffed.

"What can I do for you Jack?" I smirked.

He stared at me for longer than necessary. "I know what happened but you can't always run away from your problems you need to face them. Have you noticed that when you want to be left alone you come back here but then it results in you acting recklessly. Look man Cataleya hasn't come back and no one knows where she is...What if she's hurt?"

I laughed and he stared at me in confusion. "Who fucking cares what she does anymore? So what she left I don't care, now leave Jacky boy I'm busy."

"What the fuck Daniel? Are you going to drink and do drugs all day or something? This ain't you man stop acting like this. You need to man up and go find Cataleya." Jack's words did nothing but anger me.

"That bitch broke my heart so I can't man up, my whole fucking life I've been hurt by people I loved so give me a good reason to go after he. I done everything I could for her, I protected her, loved her, and even changed for her. But what did she do? She fucking broke my heart. Yes I'm going to drink until I feel numb. So do me a favour and leave." I shouted my voice filled with venom the whole time.

He stared at me with wide eyes. "I haven't seen you like this since your brother left." He whispered but that struck a nerve.

"If you're not going to leave then I will." I gritted my teeth and grabbed my black leather jacket and stormed out the house.

I could hear Jack running behind me trying to catch up but I was faster, I got on my brothers bike and left Jack behind. I sighed in relief but I knew I was stupid for driving a motorcycle while I was still drunk.

I arrived at the graveyard and slowly walked to my fathers grave. "You told me that you will always be here for me. Where the fuck are you old man? Do you know how life has been treating me? Like shit."

I hadn't noticed that I had started crying. My eyes bled with pain and my head started throbbing. I got up and left, I leaned against bike and wiped the tears roughly then I slammed my fist against the seat. I got on my bike and headed towards somewhere I never thought I visit again.