Chapter 9 - Losing and Abusing

Cataleya's POV

I closed the door to Tia's room and stood there staring in blank space. I was standing in the dark room trying to calm myself and something caught my eye, making me move towards it.

It was my phone feeling happy I quickly unlocked the iPhone and checked my messages. It was mostly from Shaggy, my childhood best friend. I didn't hesitate and called her.

"CATALEYA, YOU BITCH WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?"

I laughed at her outburst. "Shaggy, gosh I missed you."

"You still haven't answered my question but I missed you too." She replied.

I bit my lip unsure of what my answer should be. "Look I can't tell you now but I need somewhere to stay for a while. Somewhere safe, away from any harm. Somewhere no one will be able to find me."

"Catt, what's happened." She asked her voice filled with worry.

"Shaggy please I can't explain now." I was close to tears.

"Okay, I won't ask any questions. Do you want me to come pick you up?"

I smiled already feeling better. "Yeah I'll text you the address be here at 10:30 am. I'll be with Tia."

"Okay see you then." She hung up.

I changed into pyjama shorts and a loose white top. I washed off my make up and brushed my teeth. I jumped into bed and let my eyes close, I was close to drifting off to sleep but someone knocked on the door. I groaned and got up to open the door. It better be important.

Daniel stood there, his dark jeans hanging low by his waist and he was shirtless making me kind of drool. No one should look this sexy, it should be illegal. I forced my eyes to look at his godlike face. He looked pained and tired, I felt bad but it's his own fault.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

He sighed slightly frustrated. "I'm sorry, I swear I didn't kiss her. She forced herself on me, you know I would never hurt you."

"Well it's too late because you have hurt me and besides It's none of my business so you don't need to explain anything. If you don't mind I'm tired and I want to sleep."

"Why are you in Tia's room and not mine?" He scrunched his eyebrows in confusion.

I smiled. "Darling, I can be wherever I want to be this is a free country."

I was about to shut the door but Daniel held the door and walked inside. He shut the door behind him and I stared at him waiting for his next move. I stopped breathing when he slowly raised his hand.

My stepmother raised her hand and smacked me. She picked her umbrella up and used the sharp end to poke me hard in the stomach.

I gasped in pain and fell to the floor, it hurt like a bitch. Tears were forcing their way out of my eyes. I blinked them away not letting her see the pain she was causing me. It would only make her more happy.

She looked pathetic when she was angry and this made me laugh out loud. She stared at me confused, this only made me laugh harder making my stomach ache even more, I eventually stopped when the pain got excruciating. I wanted to die right there, I was a nobody and she made me believe it.

She then punched me in the stomach making me wince in pain, and after she threw a couple more punches she started choking me making my face turn blue and then I blacked out.

I stared at Daniel with wide eyes, I cowered back and slightly whimpered.

He used his raised hand to trace my cheek. "What's wrong why are you afraid of me?" He asked slightly confused.