Chapter 23 - Tears of agony

Cataleya's POV

My head was pounding and I felt weak, I slowly opened my eyes and all I could see was darkness. I wasn't sure what happened exactly but I was scared. Very scared. I got up and my breathing increased rapidly, I think I was having a panic attack. Am I dead? I certainly didn't know how to breathe and my body temperature was rising, I started sweating and my mouth became dry. Is this what hell feels like? 

Tears started rolling down my cheeks, and my whimpers were barely audible. 

"Cataleya.." A voice called out to me, a sweet voice which I had grown to love. Daniel's voice. Am I just hearing things? I looked around but all I could see was darkness, I wanted to see his alluring powerful eyes, I wanted to touch his smooth skin which was covered in faint scars that no one could see, I wanted to feel his sweet lips on mine. I never knew how much I had missed Daniel until now.

But...He broke me, he shattered my heart into pieces and hurt me. My broken heart will probably never heal because I feel used. A broken heart feels like it will rain forever, my body will absorb the rain and store it as sadness forever. The safety of my everything has been crushed, it's like I don't know anything. I lost myself to a lover but then I started to put the pieces back together. I'm not sure if I can go through it all again. What if he leaves me? It's a common thing for Daniel to leave the one's he loves.

"Daniel?" I whispered and the lamp on my bedside turned on showing Daniel's tired face. I wasn't sure how to react so I froze, my eyes were wide open and I'm pretty sure my mouth was too. I probably looked like a fish but that didn't bother Daniel since he moved closer to me to hug me but I moved back.

"NOOO, NOOOOOO, NOOO...STAY AWAY." I screamed and he looked confused, my whimpers turned into cries of distress. I hugged my knees and starting rocking back and forth, I forgot that I had been shot and I felt the excruciating pain of my skin stretching. I stopped and covered my face still crying.

I felt the bed dip and I looked up to see tears also forming in Daniel's eyes. "I'm sorry baby, I'm so sorry." He moved to hold me in his arms but I tried to move away so his arms were left hanging in midair. "Cataleya I know I hurt you a lot but so have you, we are both equally guilty. Do you know what you did to me? After you left I turned into a cold hearted bastard with nothing to live for. I thought I hated you for what you did to me but no, I truly love you." 

I wasn't sure if I believed him or not but what I was sure that I truly loved him too. I looked up at him and my crying stopped but tears were still rolling down my cheek. "Why did you do it?"

"Do what?" He looked confused and I laughed bitterly.

"You damn well know what you did, as soon as I was out of your life you moved on to Lucy. It was that easy to forget about me?" I paused and saw his shocked expression. "She called me a couple days ago and told me how she was the one sleeping next to you, how she was the one you loved. So was I just a girl you played? I feel used and so worthless." I whispered the last part and before I knew it he was holding on to my hands.

His eyes were too demanding to look away. "Look I know what I did was wrong but I only did it out of anger. I had no intention of hurting you, I was out of my mind and I had no idea what to do. I promise nothing like that will happen again."

I looked down and asked the question that had been killing me. "Did you sleep with her?"

He paused and I felt the tension rise, he opened his mouth to speak but closed it again. I knew what the  answer was since he kept didn't deny it straight away. After what felt like days he answered in a low voice. "Yes." I didn't storm out like a kid, I didn't even smile and say that he's forgiven. I did what most girls would do I guess, I jumped on him like a wild animal and started punching and slapping him. He didn't stop me but he took my hits like a man.