Chapter 14 - Encounter with Ralph and Bruce

Cataleya's POV

My mind was fuzzy and my breathing was rapid. My throat was on fire making me wince, I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't. I heard muffled voices, curiosity got the best of me so I listened in the conversation.

"We have to protect her." A girls voice said.

I heard someone groan. "No shit Sherlock, it's obvious that whoever she saw was a threat."

My heart beat faster while the memories came flooding back. Last night my perfect date with Daniel was ruined because of them. They're coming back to hurt me again so I can suffer and return home to my dad and stepmom. Thinking about it caused my chest to ache.

"I want everyone to leave." A heavenly voice said.

"But Dan..." Someone was trying to protest.

"I SAID LEAVE NOW." The heavenly voice shouted and I heard the door shut after a minute or two.

I managed to open my eyes but the light was too much making me squint. I put one of my hands on my aching head and the other on my ribs.

I looked around and noticed that I was in Daniels room, my lips automatically turned into a smile and it turned bigger when I saw Daniel sitting on a chair with his head in his hands. He looked exhausted, his hair was standing up in all directions. Yet he looked amazing.

"Daniel." I croaked and he instantly looked at me, his eyes had tears in them which made my heart ache even more. He smiled a sad smile and walked towards me, he held my hand in his and kissed it lightly. I put my hand on his cheek and a tear escaped my eye, he wiped the tear with his thumb and leaned in to kiss me. The kiss was short and almost a peck but it was something magical that left a tingling feeling on my lips which spread all over my body.

"You okay?" He asked and I nodded.

We stayed silent for a couple more minutes which I found awkward, he kept sighing as if he needed to get something of his chest.

"Alright spit it out." I finally said and he looked at me in surprise.

"Whodidyouseelastnightthatcausedyoutoblackoutandnearlybleedtodeath?" He said it so fast that I didn't catch a word.

"Say what?"

"What?"

"NO YOU IDIOT SLOW DOWN AND TELL ME WHAT YOU JUST SAID." I shouted and he chuckled nervously.

He run his hand threw his head multiple times messing it up even more. "Who did you see last night that caused you to black out and nearly bleed to death?"

"BLEED TO DEATH?" I shrieked and he put his hand over my mouth.

"Be quiet woman, don't freak out because superman saved you." He winked.

"Superman doesn't exist." I rolled my eyes.

He leaned closer and whispered. "Don't tell anyone but I'm superman."

I took the magazine which was on the table next to the bed and whacked him in the head multiple times while he put his hands up to protect himself. After a few hits he snatched the magazine out of my hand and held on to my arms.

"That really hurt." He exclaimed.

"I don't care. What do you mean I nearly bled to death?" I asked.

He chuckled. "Well...you saw two figures and you blacked out straight away and fell to the floor, I held on to your body but it was too late since your head hit the concrete. I took you to a hospital and they treated the wound but we couldn't stay so I sneaked you out and brought you here. Because they thought that I'm one of those abusive boyfriends. Funny thing is they didn't know that my girlfriend is the abusive one in our relationship. And the ugly nurse called the police just because I had your blood on my shirt. Can you believe it? They thought that me, a handsome young attractive guy was capable of such thing." He rambled.