Chapter 19 - The past impacting the present

Cataleya's POV

After I hysterically cried on Sergio's shoulder, we returned to his mansion and watched a movie. The whole time I was lost in my thoughts about Daniel, I never knew he would move on as soon as I left. It broke my heart to know that he's been fucking that tramp. Was I just another girl he wanted to play? Everything was fuzzy and all I wanted to do is lie down all day and cry but I wouldn't be able to do that since Sergio is keeping an eye on me.

He sat on the chair opposite the bed, he was waiting for me to get out of bed but I was busy staring into space and thinking about what happened yesterday. Sergio sighed and walked over to sit on the bed. "You need to stop sulking over him." He growled making making me flinch a little.

I forgot that he found out the reason for my sulking. Yesterday at the park while I was crying on Sergio's shoulder he took my phone of me and went through my call list, when he saw Daniel's name he got mad and half carried me back to his car and drove to the mansion. As soon as we arrived he carried me bridal style since I wasn't feeling well and made me rest, when I woke up I was shocked as soon as I noticed that he had changed my clothes. It made me feel embarrassed since I'm sure he probably was disgusted by the scars and burn marks on my back.

The covers were ripped off me and Sergio dragged me like a rag doll to the bathroom, my heart was beating so fast and I felt sick.

"What are you doing?" I whispered hoping that he heard, I was panicking and my head was throbbing.

He filled the bath with hot water and made me get in the bath while wearing clothes, he put one hand on my throat which made me freeze but he didn't squeeze or try to choke me it was just to get my attention. "I had enough of your crying over that pathetic bastard, take a bath then come downstairs." He shouted.

He left and shut the door hard, I put my head on my knees and curled into a ball. The tears ran down my cheeks and my eyes started stinging once again, I felt weak. I didn't know how long I sat there crying but it felt like a lifetime, I took my clothes off and threw it on the floor, I then started running the sponge over my body after five minutes my eyes were getting heavy so I relaxed and invited the darkness to take over me.

Sergio's POV

I was in my office doing some paperwork, not only am I the leader of Spain's largest and most dangerous gang I'm also a CEO. Both businesses were owned by my father passed down to me, so I had no choice but to accept the position. I looked at the time and realised that over an hour had passed and Cataleya hadn't come down yet. I got up and ran upstairs calling Cataleya's name out but she didn't answer which made me run faster, I slammed the bedroom door open and she was nowhere to be seen. I opened the bathroom door and still she was nowhere to be seen. I frowned and hoped that she didn't run away from me again, I slowly walked to the bath and that's when I saw a beautiful figure under the water.

"Cataleya!" My voice came out as a whisper, my heart was beating rapidly against my chest, my eyes were wide open in shock. I lifted her naked body up and placed her on my lap shaking her hoping she would get up but no movement was made. I checked her pulse and then started CPR, the whole time I thought I was going to lose her and it was all my fault for leaving her alone.

She got up and spluttered the water besides her, when she was done I held her in my arms while she breathed heavily. Her eyes were still closed but I knew she was okay now, I lifted her up and walked back to the room then placed her on the king sized bed. I took my navy polo shirt off and put it on her, then I called a doctor.

The whole time I stayed with Cataleya and tried to comfort her. When the doctor arrived he examined Cataleya and said she has to rest as she hasn't been eating or sleeping properly. It made me mad at myself for not taking good care of her.