Chapter 4 - Mysteriously dangerous

Cataleya's POV

Who does he think he is? I am not going to waste my time on a low life loser like him. If he thinks he can come into my life just like that then he is dead wrong.

Over my dead body.

After my little conversation with Daniel, I went to the rooftops and stayed there for most of the day. After attending detention, I walked back home. It was a stupid idea to come back to London, I should have just stayed with my so called dad and his wife. I would rather be beaten to death than stay here for another day. As soon as I got home I ran up the stairs and started to pack. I called my dad while packing and put the phone on loud speaker.

"Hello?" My dad answered harshly.

"Dad it's Catt...I want to come home, I don't want to stay here anymore." I said as softly as possible.

He sighed, "Cataleya you can't come back to Spain. I am not willing to take care of you anymore. You are too much trouble, and your step mother does not want you back either."

Tears started pouring out of my eyes instantly. My face turned red hot with anger. My own father gave up on me. I've lost so much, and now I've lost my dad for good. He's not much of a father but I still love my dad after all these torturing years.

"But dad, I'm sorry...I will change. I promise." I whispered.

"Change? Cataleya we both know that is not possible."

I couldn't believe his words. All the energy drained from my body leaving me lifeless. I found it hard to breathe, and I put my hand against my chest trying to calm myself down.

"Ok but remember this...you have given up your own daughter who was viciously abused by her step mother...your beloved so called wife. I've never known what the true meaning of love is because I was never loved, and I will always blame what I've become on you and that bitch. I will spend the rest of my miserable life hating my so called family. Just know that...YOU FUCKING BASTARD." I hung up and fell on my knees.

The salty tears burned my eyes and my chest felt as if someone had repeatedly inserted needles.

He never has and probably never will care about me. It's as simple as that. I just sat there crying for hours until my heart ached. Since the day I was born I have only witnessed despair and sorrow.

There was a gentle knock on my door and I didn't answer.

"Cataleya? Can I come in?" Tia asked her voice filled with worry.

I quickly wiped the remaining tears off my cheek. "NO, I want to be alone."

She opened the door and saw me lying on the floor. I hated myself for letting her see me this way.

"Catt...are you ok? Stupid question, never mind. Erm....what happened?" She came and sat next to me.

"Tiana how did you feel when your dad left you?" I sniffed.

She started playing with her hair. "Well....erm...I felt like a piece of shit that no one wanted. When he abandoned me...us...I thought it was my fault and I would go to bed hating myself. It took me a long time to realise that a real man would never abandon his family, no matter how hard life is. A real man would stay beside his family and look for solutions, not run away like a coward. But don't worry, it takes time but you will get over it...kind of. You will realise that life is better if you don't have a bad role model in your life." She grinned obviously trying to cheer me up.

I fixed my gaze on the picture of me and my mother on the other side of the room. I could feel warm tears flowing like a river out of my eyes.

"I feel like how you felt when your dad left you. But ten times worst. Tiana you have your mum whilst I have no one. Even my own father abandoned me. He said he doesn't want me back in his life. I told him about how his wife abused me. It's as if he knew and never cared." My voice cracked.