Chapter 24 - Monster inside is awakening

And I remember when I met him, it was so clear that he was the only one for me. We both knew it, right away. And as the years went on, things got more difficult – we were faced with more challenges. I begged him to stay. Try to remember what we had at the beginning.

- Lana Del Rey 

___________________

Cataleya's POV

A week had passed since Sergio's funeral and nothing had changed, everyone was still traumatised by the events. Some days I would sit down next to a window and just stare out and think about how my life has changed since I met Daniel, I can't lie but situations have gotten messier than before. It doesn't change my feelings for Daniel but sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I hadn't met him.

I haven't been able to talk to anyone properly not even Daniel, I have been spending most of the time alone just the way I like it. I feel guilty knowing that Daniel is probably worrying his ass about me, which I find cute. Sue me I like it when people worry about me, makes me feel loved.

The gang was staying at Sergio's mansion well my mansion now to be exact but it doesn't feel right calling it my mansion. Everyone has been chilling and enjoying the sun and pool while I am being deprived of Vitamin D, I like it in the dark so I close the curtains during day time and at night I open them. It's funny how the gang thinks that I'm turning mental and it's even funnier hearing Daniel's theory that I'm turning into a vampire.

My relationship with Daniel hasn't improved greatly, we're just friends and I hardly see anyone anymore. The alone time is what I need to gather my thoughts together, it helps me keep sane otherwise god knows how I'm coping. I have been thinking about staying in Spain and just moving on in life, but then I know that no one would like the idea of me staying in Spain alone. Daniel would be the first to drag my ass back to England whether I like it or not.

I looked in the mirror and the girl staring back at me was a stranger. She had bags under her eyes and her dried lips blended in with her pale skin, her hair was sticking up as if she has been electrocuted. When was the last time she showered? Her cheekbones were more visible than ever due to the amount of weight she lost in a short period of time.

"God you're ugly?" I made a face at the mirror and the girl copied me.

I rolled my eyes at myself and stood up and walked towards the bathroom. I messily took my clothes off and threw them on the floor not caring, then I waited patiently for the bath to fill. I zoned out remembering the time when I nearly drowned, Sergio had saved me. My eyes wanted to leak tears and I whispered a few words to myself to calm down. I dropped a lush bomb inside and watched the colours ignite the water. I also lit candles and placed them around the bath hoping it will relax me, then I dropped rose petals in the bath. Just what I needed.

I sighed in content and with a smile I lay in the bath, the relaxing sensation came to me straight away making me smile wider. My eyes started aching and I was feeling tired, since I haven't been getting a lot of sleep. I shut my eyes and I was falling asleep, as soon as my face went under water I got up and gasped. I wouldn't let the same thing to happen again, because this time Sergio wasn't here to save me.

"Cataleya?" I heard Daniels voice from the bedroom but I didn't reply. Maybe this time if I drown Daniel would be the one to save me.

He started knocking on the door and I huffed on annoyance. Way to have alone time?

"Yes?" I asked hoping my tone wasn't too negative.

His voice showed a hint of worry. "Are you okay?" Why does everyone ask that question? It gets annoying when everyone asks you the same question.