~5~

Minor trigger warning: mentions of mental illnesses

////////////////////

Yoongi sat in front of the doctor with bags under his eyes. He had had more nightmares for three days now, so yesterday he had decided he just wouldn't sleep. Of course, that took a toll on him. He'd been dragging his feet all day, dance practice had exhausted him more than usual, and he'd almost fallen down the stairs in a tired daze. 

Needless to say, he didn't look great. At least he'd had a chance to wash his newly blonde-dyed hair before going to the doctor.

The doctor smiled at him after going through his personal files on the computer.

"So, what brings you here today, Yoongi-ssi?"

Yoongi hated how optimistic this man sounded. Yoongi was tired and didn't want to be here. The only reason he was here was that he owed it to Namjoon, who had already made the appointment for him a few days ago.

That, and he had even come along to the appointment. He was waiting outside because he didn't want Yoongi to feel pressured in any way.

"I haven't been feeling great," Yoongi mumbled, not looking the doctor in the eyes.

"Have you been feeling sick?" the doctor asked.

Yoongi shook his head.  "Not like that...it's more...mental? Probably? At least, my friends think so..."

The doctor frowned a little, but then smiled and nodded. "Alright, can you tell me a little bit more about that?"

Yoongi took a deep breath. He felt nervous about this. He didn't know how the doctor was going to react. Yoongi believed the hallucinations weren't- they couldn't be hallucinations. What happened was real. But the doctor would never believe him...doctors were people of science, weren't they? They wouldn't believe in ghosts, let alone demons.

"I've ehm...been seeing things, and hearing too I guess. Scary things...They feel real to me...but my friends...they think I might be hallucinating...but I-I just...I can't believe it..." Yoongi said. "My nightmares have appeared again too...I think it's happening again because of the things I see. They...they keep me up at night."

The doctor nodded, typing stuff on his computer. Yoongi wondered how long it would take before the doctor would type 'mentally unstable' or 'schizophrenic?' in his notes.

"So you think what you see is real." The doctor stated, and Yoongi nodded. "What makes you think that? What exactly have you seen? Has it been something you could touch or talk to?"

Yoongi nodded. "It was something scary...it talked to me...a-and a few days ago it hurt me."

The doctor frowned. "It hurt you?"

Yoongi nodded again and pulled the collar of his shirt down to show the bruises on his neck that hadn't faded yet.

The frown on the doctor's face deepened. "Those are serious bruises. Who did that to you?"

Yoongi let out a chuckle, though there was no emotion behind it and it only made him grimace because his throat still hurt a little. "My friends think I might've done it to myself in a psycho daze or something."

"I hope they didn't use that phrasing." The doctor grimaced.

"No," Yoongi laughed half-heartedly, "no, that's how I phrase it. They think I did it, but they wanted to let the bruises get checked out to see if that was possible."

The doctor nodded. "Did you lose consciousness after what happened?"

Yoongi nodded, though he held a grimace on his face. It had been a terrifying moment when he passed out like that...