~30~

The hospital room was quiet when Jin stepped inside. Quiet, save for the beeping sounds of the monitors and the buzzing of the lighting. The lights in the hospitals always gave him a headache and he hated coming there. But he had to, now, especially since two of his dongsaengs were badly hurt.

Taehyung was in the Intensive Care. Whatever had happened to his lungs was pretty bad, Jin was told. Along with the bones he had broken, multiple injuries with risk of infection, and malnutrition, they had needed to keep him there for the day to keep a careful eye on him. Jin was thankful that he was finally allowed to go inside, after having to wait outside the door for ages. He didn't even know if the other members were already at the hospital, his focus had been solely on Taehyung.

As soon as he walked inside, a wave of sadness and worry washed over him and he almost felt his knees buckle. Taehyung was hooked up to all sorts of monitors and machines, one of them even helping him breathe. He was still asleep, not moving except for the rising and falling of his chest.

It had been obvious in the tunnel how badly Taehyung was hurt, but with the bright lights of the hospital room, it was even more visible. Jin felt himself tear up, even though he wanted to stay strong. But nothing good ever came from suppressing how you felt, so he let them flow.

"Hi, Taehyungie," Jin whispered in a shaky voice. He stepped closer and put his hand over Taehyung's. His skin felt hot to the touch and Jin hoped that it wasn't a bad sign.

He stood like that for a while, time ticking by without his knowing. At some point, Jin felt his legs starting to hurt from staying frozen in place for that long, so he looked around the room for a chair. There were none, so he walked into the hallway to ask someone for a chair. That's when a few nurses appeared in the hallway, pushing forward a bed with a very familiar figure on it.

"Yoongi?" Jin breathed out in surprise. The nurses paid him no mind, so Jin walked after them. "Hey, wait! Is that Min Yoongi? Wait- where is he going?"

One of the nurses, a female nurse in her thirties, now turned around, while the others continued leading the bed further down the hallway. "He's being brought to a room, he needs immediate care."

"Wait, what? A room here at the intensive care? What room!?" Jin asked, ready to follow after the other nurses.

"Are you family?"

"Basically! I'm his emergency contact, as with Kim Taehyung!"

That's when the nurse started to recognize him. Her eyes widened slightly and her mouth formed an 'oh' in understanding. "You're Kim Seokjin, right? You arrived here with Kim Taehyung, room 12A?"

Jin nodded frantically. "Yes, you're right. Taehyung is sleeping right now, he's doing... okay for now. Can I please come and see how Yoongi is doing?"

He hadn't known Yoongi was hurt enough to land in the ICU. There hadn't been much time for Jin to even talk to Yoongi in the tunnel, as he left as fast as possible with Namjoon.

"You can come with us, but you'll have to wait outside while Yoongi gets the care he needs, alright?" the nurse replied after a moment of hesitation.

Jin nodded. "Yes, of course. Thank you!"

The nurses seemed to be in quite a hurry, which only led to Jin's panic increasing by the second.

He had seen Taehyung, heard from the doctors about how he was doing and all the injuries he had, had seen how badly he needed the machine to help him breathe properly. He had never thought that Yoongi would be worse off.

But he mentally hit himself. Wasn't it logical? Yoongi was the one who had been down there for ages.

"We will be right in this room, please wait here," the female nurse told him once they reached a door Yoongi had just been brought to. Jin swallowed and nodded, his heart telling him to forget the rules, forget whatever the nurses said, and just go inside and watch over his brother. But he held himself back, forced himself to calm down.