~10~

They say that sometimes, sleeping is an escape from your real life. Escaping to dreams, in order to flee from reality...it had always sounded reasonable to Yoongi. He had a habit of escaping to his dreams as well. Sleeping was something he liked to do, and he also used it to rest and relax and not have to think about daily life problems.

Everything had changed, however, and that was no longer the case. Dreaming was no longer an escape. The terrifying things he saw in reality appeared in his nightmares as well. There was no escape.

He didn't know how many times he'd been knocked out anymore. He had lost count and he was sure that in some way he would be damaged by this.

Usually sleeping was an escape from real life. If things had turned around, would real life now be an escape from his nightmares? Sadly enough, no. As soon as Yoongi would wake up, he was met with the demon once again and everything started all over.

"Please...stop..." he begged between ragged breaths, tears in his eyes. He couldn't take the nightmares anymore.

"Perhaps I will..." the demon chuckled. It moved its hand to pat Yoongi on the head, but Yoongi flinched horribly, thinking he was going to be smacked again. "My sweet Yoongi, you've gotten so wonderfully scared of me."

Yoongi gritted his teeth, a shiver running down his spine when the demon patted his head anyway. "Please don't...don't knock me out again...don't make me go through that again...please."

He really couldn't bear another dream full of his friends dying, running through the darkness, being haunted by voices and images that seemed like they came straight from hell. Maybe they did.

The demon studiously stared at Yoongi for a moment, its yellow eyes glowing brightly. "No need...you're ready, Yoongi~."

Yoongi stomach clenched and he gulped. He hardly knew what that meant. Was the demon going to take over his body as it had done with the police officer?

Yoongi struggled against the cuffs around his wrist, wishing they would finally give and let him escape from the bodysnatcher. They wouldn't, so he could only crawl as close to the pole he was cuffed to as possible. He looked at the demon with fear in his eyes. "Whatever you're planning...please don't do it..."

"I need a body, Yoongi. You're going to help me with that, whether you like it or not."

The demon moved its hand to Yoongi's face again, and he flinched, squeezing his eyes shut and turning his head away.

"Ah, ah, I'm right here." The demon tutted, roughly grabbing his face and turning it back to look at the horrifying creature. "Look at me, Yoongi. All this, the nightmares...the pain...it will all stop if you open your eyes, sweet Yoongi."

Yoongi knew something was wrong. He knew that 'you're ready' meant that the demon was going to do something, perhaps hurt him even more. He knew, at the very least, that whatever that was going to happen next would be something bad.

But the promise...that hopeful promise...however fake it probably was, it made him weak. If opening his eyes meant that he would stop going through the torturous nightmares, perhaps he should. He wanted to. He desperately wanted to, so he gave in.

He opened his eyes and he couldn't have dodged the now completely darkened orbs that stared right back at him even if he had wanted to. His entire body went rigid, all his muscles tensing at once. It wasn't even due to the extreme fear that numbed his mind, it was something about the demon's eyes that captured and locked Yoongi in its gaze.

Yoongi felt the sting in his stomach first. Somewhere behind his belly button, but it seemed like it was deep and rooted where the sting was coming from. The feeling intensified as second after second passed by.

Then, the annoying pain traveled higher in his stomach. His eyebrows furrowed together and drops of sweat started to appear on his forehead. This was manageable, but it seemed like it was getting slightly more painful the higher the sting went.

'What's happening?' he wanted to choke out, but his voice was caught in his throat when the sting flared into a deep pain right as it got to his heart. He couldn't even scream from the pain, couldn't even breathe, and his eyes widened while his vision turned almost pure white.

"Right there..." the demon said, its voice even more animal-like than before and the grin on its face almost hungry.

Yoongi felt like something was being ripped from his body. Almost as if his heart was being ripped from his chest, because that's where the flaring pain was coming from and it wasn't stopping. That is, not until the demon stepped back, away from Yoongi and he could finally breathe again as the pain ebbed away. His vision was still white, however, and only a while later (seconds? Minutes? Yoongi had no idea) did he realize that it had been a bright light coming from...his chest? A bright light coming from his chest had lit up the tunnel-like space and blinded him temporarily.

When the pain ebbed away, the light faded as well and Yoongi let out a few tears of relief that it was over. It had felt absolutely horrible to be unable to move, breathe, and see. And that while knowing something awful was happening, but not having a single clue as to what exactly was going on.

"This...this is amazing."

Yoongi almost choked on his own saliva when he heard the voice. That was not the demon's voice.

"Wh...what did...did you...do...?" Yoongi asked, his words sounding slurred. Oh? He hadn't realized he felt so tired. Exhausted even...he could barely keep his head up to look in the distance to where the demon had walked off to. He had to squint his eyes to see the demon, but it looked...weird. Different.

Wait, did it suddenly shrink in size?

The demon let out a cackling laugh, but once again Yoongi was thrown off by the weird sound of its voice. That wasn't the voice that had haunted his dreams, definitely not. It did sound familiar, however.

"I did it! Oh, sweet Yoongi, you've been a great help to me. It worked wonderfully."

Yoongi felt a feeling of dread settle in. Obviously, something was wrong. Something was very wrong if the demon had changed form and voice and was very, very pleased with Yoongi.

When the demon walked back to Yoongi, he understood why.

"No way..." he breathed out, his half-lidded eyes traveling up and down the creature in front of him. "This can't be...can't be real."

In front of Yoongi stood the demon – of that Yoongi was certain – but its appearance had changed completely.

"You can't do this," Yoongi said through gritted teeth. His muscles were aching and he wished to smash the demon's face against the wall, but he couldn't move.

"Why not? Doesn't this seem like fun?" The bodysnatcher said, a wicked grin sprawled across its face.

It was a familiar face though. One Yoongi knew all too well.

Sure enough, the demon had taken over Yoongi's body, but not in the way Yoongi had expected it to. It had used something...something within Yoongi to morph itself into a second and almost identical Yoongi.

Almost identical, because Yoongi for sure didn't have yellow eyes.

"You can't..." Yoongi hissed again, mustering up the strength to glare up at the demon. "You can't...do this! That is not your body. That's not...not you. That's me!"

"And I will have fun pretending to be you, my sweet Yoongi. I will have fun waiting for the moment someone figures out they're not actually talking to you." The demon grinned, leaning closer to Yoongi. "Maybe your little friends will be the first ones. And when that time comes..." the demon spoke, moving its lips to Yoongi's ear and hissing with a menacing voice, "I will kill them all."