~26~

This isn't reaaaally proofread with how little sleep I've had ahahaha but I tried to make it make sense! Thanks for sticking with the story, enjoy reading~ <3<3<3

////////////////////////////////

Many times, Yoongi had hoped for someone to come and rescue him. He couldn't remember how many days it had been, perhaps even weeks since he was taken into the tunnels. He had been on his way to an appointment, that was all he could really remember from that day besides the dead police officer and the nightmares. But every day consisted of nightmares now. That day he was taken had started reasonably well, but everything took a turn for the worse and after that, he had started to lose hope with every day that no one but the demon came to visit him.

He wished someone would save him, yes, but his mind soon changed about that.

He shouldn't have wished for anything, really, because when the demon came and it was dragging Yoongi's beloved dongsaeng with it, Yoongi blamed himself. It was his fault, his wish that brought Taehyung here. In danger. Hurting.

But a tiny, selfish voice inside his head was glad that he was no longer alone. Having no one to talk to for days on end and living in the dark and in fear for so long messed with his head. Badly. At least now he had Taehyung to talk to. He had a reason not to give up, too, because he needed to protect Taehyung. Well, as far as protecting someone goes when you're tied up yourself...

It had been at least five or six days since Taehyung was brought here. Yoongi knew, because the demon never visited more than once a day and it had been here five times since then. Somehow, it was crazier than before. It had gotten obsessed with taking bits and pieces of Yoongi's soul, even though it wasn't necessary. It had definitely turned into a crazy addiction, though not one that would ruin the demon. Rather than that, it was Yoongi who was the one being ruined by it.

"Hyung, don't give up. He can't take all of it. I'm sure," Taehyung had told him once again yesterday, after a particularly horrible hour with the demon. Taehyung had sounded so sure about it. So sure that Yoongi would be okay after all this. But then why did he feel so empty?

Taehyung was waking up now. He groaned softly, alerting Yoongi and pulling him from his dazed state of mind. It had become easier and easier each day to fall into that far-away daze.

Taehyung was still injured from the day the demon brought him here. He told Yoongi all he remembered. The fight at the dorm, Taehyung running for it, and the demon suddenly appearing in front of him. He told Yoongi how he had had no chance to run at that point, because somehow looking into the demon's eyes was enough to put him to sleep.

And then he had woken up, being dragged into the tunnel. Taehyung had tried to fight. That's when the demon hurt him, enough so he couldn't fight back anymore. Taehyung's breathing was off, had been like that for a few days now, and Yoongi was sure one of Taehyung's legs was broken. It had probably been as easy as snapping a twig for the fully transformed demon. But that wasn't even the worst.

"Taehyung-ah..." Yoongi croaked out, his throat feeling like sandpaper. He had yelled a lot yesterday, and not only because of his own nightmares or his soul literally being ripped from his chest, but also because the demon fed on Taehyung's pain and reveled in hurting the boy and Yoongi tried to say anything to get it to stop. "T-Tae, are you awake?"

Taehyung groaned again, a bit louder this time. His eyes fluttered and closed again. Even after being passed out for a long time, he was still exhausted. He was on his stomach, arms lying on each side of his head. His leg probably hurt like hell if he lay like that for so long, but he likely didn't have the energy to turn around. Yoongi longed to help him, wished he could do anything to lessen the pain.