~25~

Okay, so maybe it hadn't been the smartest idea to step into the subway to get to their next destination. Maybe they shouldn't have taken off their sunglasses either. Jungkook reasoned that it was way too dark to be wearing them, though! He could hardly see anything!

But now that they were surrounded by screaming people, while the subway was still moving, Namjoon wished he had been smarter. Wished he hadn't listened to Jungkook's – until then reasonable sounding – arguments.

God, he had created a media horror. What would the headlines be? BTS members found overwhelmed by fans in a subway? Would they even get out of this?

"Namjoon-ah, hold Jungkook's arm, he's being pulled away!"

Namjoon didn't know where to look. Jungkook had been right next to him, but now he looked in every direction and could not seem to find the maknae. People were yelling his name, pulling his arms, flashing pictures. He was disoriented. Where was Jungkook?!

"Namjoon!!"

Years of being swarmed by fans, years of crowds and events and cameras flashing in his face, but nothing could ever prepare him for losing the maknae of the group in a suddenly overcrowded subway. God, how could this have happened?! Namjoon could've sworn the subway hadn't been this crowded when they got on!

"I got him!" Jin then yelled, surprising Namjoon. He turned to look at the eldest and found him holding Jungkook by his hoodie, as if he was a child he was dragging along for scolding. "The doors are opening, get ready to push and run!"

And run they did.

There was no time to think. People were grabbing them, but they pushed through. They shouted apologies, yelling at people to please get out of the way, we have to get through. And somehow it worked. Somehow they made their way through the crowd and out of the subway station.

They stood outside, Jin panting for air while Namjoon and Jungkook stared into nothing, trying to calm themselves down.

"Never... I tell you... NEVER again will we... do that!" Jin exclaimed, his eyes closed with an almost painful frown. He still hadn't let go of Jungkook, whose doe eyes seemed bigger than ever as he processed what happened.

"Someone grabbed my butt," he mumbled.

Namjoon's head shot towards him and Jin's eyes opened to stare at the maknae in confusion and worry.

"That's... basically assault," Namjoon mumbled back. Jungkook just grimaced in response.

"This whole situation was basically assault!" Jin exclaimed. "These can't all have been our fans, right? I've never seen ARMY like this... sure maybe some of them, but to this extent...?"

"Are you okay, Kook?" Namjoon asked him softly, looking him up and down for any injuries.

"Y-Yeah," Jungkook nodded, forcing out a fake laugh, "I mean... that wasn't fun, and just like Jin-hyung I won't be traveling by subway anymore, but I'm not hurt."

"We'll get a taxi to drive us back," Namjoon said.

"And we call them with... what phones?" Jin snorted. "We can't call anyone."

"Why don't we just buy a phone?" Jungkook asked. "We still have our wallets."

Jin and Namjoon looked at each other and Namjoon chuckled. "Wow. How did we seriously not think of that before? We could just buy a phone! That way we might even contact the others somehow if they're back at the safehouse. The internet on the computer there works fine."

"We can contact them by email," Jin nodded, to which Jungkook let out a snort, mumbling 'grandpas'. Jin sighed, rolling his eyes. "Or something else that's accessible without a phone number, like Twitter or... or Insta."