~28~

"N-Namjoon, they're not coming out. Why aren't they coming out?" Yoongi asked Namjoon.

The two of them were hiding further down the street, out of sight from the tunnel and the road that led to it. Every ten seconds or so, Yoongi would peek around the corner to check whether Jin and Jungkook had appeared with Taehyung yet. So far, there was no sign of them.

"I guess they've decided to wait for the ambulance. Maybe Taehyungie is hurting too much and they can't get him out. I'm sure they're hiding like us, if that's the case."

Namjoon himself was getting worried as well. The ambulance could be here any moment now, only minutes had passed since the phone call was made. He didn't know what to do next. He had a few ideas of what to say when the ambulance would get here, but he was nervous about the demon. If the demon would come, they couldn't possibly send the medics into the tunnel, right? That... that could kill them. But then Taehyung wouldn't get the help he needed. 

Namjoon also thought about how they hadn't seen the demon yet. There had been no glimpse of it. And if Hoseok and Jimin were right, it was on its way right now. Namjoon had no idea if it could teleport right into the tunnel. Perhaps it was already there... and they had no way of telling.

And Namjoon had tried to get Yoongi to go back with him and get Taehyung out of there together, but Yoongi had refused and almost fell into a heavy panic attack.

So what could he do? He couldn't leave Yoongi behind. There was no way he would let his hyung out of his sight for days to come. But he also couldn't force Yoongi to go back into the tunnel and help out their friends.

"Namjoon we need to save Taehyungie... he's... he's hurt."

Namjoon nodded, his arms wrapped around Yoongi. It was to comfort the elder, but Namjoon felt like it helped him too because he had his hyung safe in his arms. That hadn't been the case for a long time.

"I know, hyung. Jin-hyung and Jungkook will protect him. And the medics will heal him."

Yoongi shook his head. "T-The demon, it's in there, Hobi and Jiminie said so, didn't they? I heard it. I-It's in there. Taehyungie isn't safe!"

It pained Namjoon to see Yoongi panicking about Taehyung like this. Even though he felt close to doing the same.

"Namj- OH MY GOD YOONGI-HYUNG!"

Namjoon and Yoongi snapped their heads up at the voice of Hoseok. Both Hoseok and Jimin stood there, a man with them that Namjoon didn't recognize. By the look of his clothes, this was the shaman Hoseok and Jimin must've met with.

"Woah- you found us? This fast?" Namjoon asked incredulously. The ambulance wasn't even there yet. God, where was that thing?!

"Don't ask how we got here. It's... ehm... yeah. Not entirely legal," Jimin said, looking rather guilty.

"Jin-hyung will be so pissed," Namjoon replied, shaking his head. They had become criminals in the span of what, a few hours? He didn't feel bad about it, though. They would do anything to save their friends, even if it meant breaking laws. The wrath of Jin was just something no one was prepared for.

"HYUNG OH MY GOD OH MY GOD I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" Hoseok screamed and- oh he was crying. Namjoon smiled sympathetically as Hoseok engulfed Yoongi in the biggest hug in the world. "I'M SO SORRY ABOUT EVERYTHING, OH MY GOD YOU'RE ALIVE, YAH, NEVER DO THAT AGAIN OKAY?! NEVER DISAPPEAR AGAIN!"

Yoongi now cried as well, but Namjoon was glad for the reunion and happy distraction, since Yoongi had been panicking about Taehyung before. Now, besides the tears, his hyung seemed a lot calmer upon seeing his two other dongsaengs.