~18~

The drive home was tense, to say the least. They were all together in one van – well, all of them except Yoongi. They weren't able to find him at the venue, and later Namjoon received a text from him that said he had already gone home. There was an apology, however, for leaving and being irresponsible. Mixed signals, really.

Jimin wasn't sure what he should be thinking. He was nervous, his thoughts all over the place, but he was also going mad with worry. He was practically glued to Taehyung from the moment his best friend told them everything that had happened. How Yoongi- no, how the demon had attacked him and toyed with him, trapping him in endless nightmares. How it threatened him later on and told him it had done the same to Jungkook. 

Fuck, Jimin had hated the look of horror on Jungkook's face when he whispered that he couldn't remember a thing about that. But Jungkook did remember something about Yoongi's contact lenses, which is what triggered him before the interview and made him nervous.

But most of all, Jimin was worried about what Taehyung had told them after that. That he had found out that this wasn't Yoongi, not even in the slightest. Yoongi wasn't somewhere deep down there, perhaps locked away in his mind or pushed away by the presence of the demon.

It just wasn't. Yoongi.

How was that possible? How could there suddenly be a copy of their hyung walking around? It seemed impossible. It couldn't be true, right? But Taehyung had sworn that he was telling the truth. And Jimin didn't even need him to swear anything. It was more than clear from the look on his face that he wasn't lying.

"Remember, guys. We're not going to give away anything, alright? He can't know that Taehyung told us," Namjoon said, eyeing all of them as they were about to exit the van.

Namjoon had come around too. He'd been suspicious of Yoongi's out-of-character behaviour and now that the doctor had ruled out any disorders, three of the members had seen the same yellow eyes, and Taehyung had been attacked – and truly, Taehyung sure had acting skills, but he hadn't been acting when he told them, they knew him well enough to know that – Namjoon was convinced that this was an imposter one way or another. However hard it was for him to believe in anything supernatural.

"Yeah, yeah, we won't bring up anything demon-related," Jin sighed.

He hadn't come around. Taehyung had desperately tried to make the eldest believe what he was saying, but Jin stood by the belief that there had to be a logical reason for Yoongi's behaviour. That there was no possible way that he was a demon and that some 'other' but 'real' Yoongi was hidden somewhere else. It saddened Jimin that their hyung didn't believe Taehyung. Taehyung had looked so awfully betrayed and he hadn't said a word to Jin since.

"Hyung, will you be alright still sleeping with him in his room?" Hoseok asked Jin.

Jin huffed. "Of course I am. Even if he's acting weird, it doesn't mean I'll have to avoid him."

"Right..." Hoseok mumbled in reply, and Jimin knew he was more than ready to avoid demon-Yoongi at all costs. He stepped out of the car, and Namjoon, Jin, and Jungkook followed right after.

"Tae, are you alright?" Jimin whispered at Taehyung, to who he had his arm linked. Taehyung nodded ever so slightly, but he was just blankly staring outside. He was hiding how scared he was, Jimin could see it. He smiled softly and patted Taehyung on the leg. "Let's go, we'll have a late lunch and try not to think of the plan for too much."

"I can't stop thinking about Yoongi-hyung," Taehyung whispered. "He's out there somewhere...how can we just sit here doing nothing?"

Jimin forced himself to keep his smile on his face. "We need to find a way to stop the demon first. And a way to find Yoongi-hyung. Jin-hyung promised to remain calm, and Namjoon-hyung promised he would try everything to subtly gain information. Our job is to pretend nothing's wrong, alright? We have to sit here and do nothing in order to keep us all safe, alright?"