~9~

Taehyung had woken Yoongi up around seven in the morning. Somehow, Yoongi had slept for hours until the nightmares had started. And that, even though it had seemed like his entire night's rest was filled with nightmares and had only lasted for a minute or ten.

It meant, however, that the next day had already begun and that Yoongi had to go to the doctor's appointment to talk about his possible mental illnesses – and that, even though he was certain by now that he wasn't hallucinating. Taehyung had seen the whole ass demon trying to kill Yoongi and Jimin had seen yellow eyes and believed him fully.

Yoongi was too tired to think about solutions to this problem. He had no idea how to fix this, how to stay safe from the demon, or even how to keep his friends safe from that horrid creature.

"You don't have to go if you don't want to," Jimin said when Yoongi walked into the living room, his jacket already on, backpack hanging over his shoulder, and keys of the car in his hand.

"What are you talking about?" Jin said, walking past the two of them with a plate of food and sitting down on one of the couches. "He's supposed to go there to rule out any mental illnesses. Isn't it good to know you don't have something?"

Yoongi just grimaced, but Jimin looked at Jin with a slightly angry frown. "Hyung, just because you and Hobi-hyung and Namjoon-hyung and Jungkook-ah don't believe what we're saying—"

"Yeah, so everyone besides the two weirdos of the group, of whom one believes in guardian angels, hmhm." Jin snorted.

"—doesn't mean it's not true." Jimin continued, his frown deepening. "Taehyung said he saw the demon. The exact thing Yoongi-hyung is seeing. How could that happen if hyung is hallucinating?"

"We've had this conversation an hour ago." Yoongi sighed, putting a hand on Jimin's shoulder and lowering his voice. "Really, I appreciate it, Jimin-ah, but it's not going to work. I'll just go to the appointment, get proof that I'm not crazy, and then maybe they'll be more open to the idea of the supernatural. You take care of Taehyung, alright? He was really scared."

Jimin nodded, the worry for his best friend replacing the frown that was directed at Jin. He went to Taehyung's room without a second thought, leaving Yoongi in the living room with Jin.

"I'll be at the dance practice in the afternoon," Yoongi said to the elder.

Jin nodded. "Yeah, that's fine. Stay safe, alright? And call us when you leave there, so we know you're on the way."

Yoongi smiled and nodded. "Yes, hyung."

He left the dorm building and took the car to the doctor's office, all the while thinking about keeping his eyes on the road, eyes on the road...eyes on the road...

He had become a little tense while driving, which was probably a side-effect of having a demon haunt you everywhere you go. He would feel anxious, but somehow that would also make him hyper-aware of his surroundings and he even drove more safely than before. Weird how that worked out.

Yoongi wasn't looking forward to the appointment, but Jin did have a point. It was good to find out he didn't have schizophrenia, right? Even if he knew everything that was going on was real, it was good to rule out any mental illnesses that could make things worse.

He pulled up to the parking lot near the doctor's office and parked carefully. He looked at his phone for a moment, seeing encouraging messages from the members in the group chat. Yoongi typed a quick 'I'm at the doctor's office, thanks guys' before putting his phone in his pocket and inhaling and exhaling slowly to calm his nerves.

"I got this." He mumbled to himself. "I'm not sick. I'll prove it."

He reached for the door handle and pulled it to open the door, but it didn't budge. Did he accidentally lock the car already? He chuckled at himself and pressed the unlock button, but he didn't hear the familiar clicking sound that signaled the doors had opened.