~27~

Jungkook was crying again. Somehow he hadn't been able to stop crying since they had found Yoongi and Taehyung, the only pause being when he had to comfort Taehyung for a few minutes. But when the boy had passed out, Jungkook's eyes had filled with tears once again.

"We have to turn him around, but we have to be very careful," Jin told him when Namjoon and Yoongi had just left. "His leg is likely broken and he couldn't really use his arms, so either he couldn't because of lack of energy, or they are hurting as well."

Jungkook sniffled, wiping his tears with one hand, the other holding his flashlight kind of uselessly, as Jin had his own pointed at them. He nodded at his hyung. "O-Okay."

Jin looked him in the eyes. "We got this, Jungkook-ah."

Jungkook nodded again and took a deep, shaky breath. He was scared of hurting Taehyung even more than he already was. He wished they could just teleport the boy out of there.

They carefully rolled Taehyung onto his back, with Jin guiding Jungkook softly through it. It was hard for the maknae, because even though Taehyung was unconscious, he still made soft, pained noises. Luckily it wasn't all too difficult to get him onto his back.

"Okay, here comes the tricky part," Jin mumbled. "He better not wake up and scream our ears off. This kid's voice can be loud."

Jungkook frowned, a sad pout on his face. "You're saying that when you know he will. He can't help it, he's in a lot of pain."

Jin sighed. He did know that, he didn't really mean what he said.

"How should we move him?" Jungkook asked, moving his flashlight over to Taehyung again. "Shouldn't we wake him up, so he can be prepared?"

Jin seriously doubted if that was a good idea, but he didn't have a clue what would be the best for Taehyung right now. Perhaps staying here and letting him rest on the ground was best. Then again, Yoongi had been terrified of staying in the tunnel and Jin felt like it wasn't safe to keep Taehyung here any longer either.

"What if I carry him and you support his leg so it doesn't move too much?" Jungkook suggested.

Jin looked hesitant, but he nodded. "Okay. We can try that. Ehm... let's... yeah, let's wake him up first. Maybe like this, we can get him into a sitting position so you can pick him up more easily."

Jungkook nodded, and he softly put his hand on Taehyung's shoulder. "Hyung... hyung, wake up, we need you awake."

Taehyung didn't even stir, he stayed motionless and silent on the floor, the only indication that he was alive being that his chest moved every few seconds and the soft, wheezy sound that followed. Thankfully he was still breathing, but it definitely didn't sound good.

Jungkook tried a few more times, but Taehyung wasn't waking up.

"This kid..." Jin sighed. "Yah, Taehyung-ah, you're not making it easy for us, huh?" He turned to Jungkook. "Can you try picking him up like this?"

"You overestimate my strength sometimes."

"Are you saying you can't do it?"

"Of course not. I got this."

And even though his eyes were still wet with tears, even though he wasn't sure if this would hurt or help his hyung, Jungkook's eyes turned to Taehyung with determination. He would get his hyung out of here safely.

He handed Jin his flashlight and squatted next to Taehyung's unconscious body, and with Jin's help, he got his arm under the boy's shoulders and his other arm under his thighs. He held him firmly, but not so tight that he would hurt Taehyung. Well, he hoped he wouldn't. Even if he was hurting Taehyung, it wasn't enough to wake the boy up.