chapter 4. Beg for me?

Everyone was sitting on the floor, both morning and processing what happened. A loud buzz sound echoed through the room as the lights turned on and the doors opened.

From the doors came the staff in their uniformed manner, their footsteps along with the slight jingle of their guns came to a halt.

"You have all made it through the first game. Congratulations, you're moving on. I will now announce the results of the game."

I looked at the screen above; the number showing 456 started to decrease

350
300
250
201

"201 players successfully completed the first game" I have no idea what came as a shock to these people but they gasped. It's sad to know some good people died, a lot of them did. Kicked from 450 or so players down to half.

What I didn't expect was for a girl to run from the crowd and start begging.
"Mr, please! I'm so sorry, I swear I'll pay what I owe!"
She rubbed her hands together before getting down to her knees, crying for forgiveness and mercy. More of them started to plea, too scared to go on.

How did we get into dept anyway? Gambling? Spending too much? Borrowing only to make fake promises? The ones mama hated. It's another thing when your ex steals your money and runs your bank account dry. Leaving you with absolutely nothing. Nothing to take, nothing to give. And yet I still found ways to give others money.

"I'll pay you back with the money I don't have"
Lives were ruined because nobody cared enough to save the young and dying. Such sad lives we lead.

The staff stood up on the top of the stairs, looking down at the crying people. Did they feel sad, or maybe happy? Were they allowed to? Maybe they can't show or speak without being told to, like us a death threat. How pity takes the heart.

"There seems to be a misunderstanding" he spoke up over the crying people.
"We are not trying to hurt you or collect your debt" ok so he does find enjoyment?
"Let me remind you that we are here to give you a second chance"

A man around his 40s maybe older maybe younger spoke out "A chance? Just because we're in debt doesn't justify why we should have to die"

"This is just a game"
A game, one with higher stakes. One with true meaning and not just simple loss, it gives you a reason to fight and see-through instead of a tantrum about why you did or didn't win.

This game simulates that childhood memory of pick and chooses, in or out, bullied or befriend.
"This is just a game to you?" The man shouted back

"They were simply eliminated, if you just follow the rules you can leave here safely with the prize money we promised"

The begging, threatening and such became defining. What was the point anyway? A gunshot was fired and they all dropped to the floor for cover. I felt kinda stupid kinda brave to be the only one left standing. They don't seem too scary when you think they could be forced into this more than we are.

The Triangles swiftly pointed their guns toward us. The only logical thing I could think of was waving my hand frantically as if I saw a friend at the store. Similar to what pennywise would with a severed hand. Embarrassing as it was, I believe I had a new goal in mind.
Befriend the pink.

"Consent from clause 2, a player that refuses to play will be eliminated" The square had repeated clause 2 of the form. A guy from the back was quick to talk, standing so they could hear him.

"Consent for clause 3, if all players agree the game can end or am I correct?"

"You are correct" In my opinion, pinky sounded a little annoyed with the objection.