Chapter 18. You Little School Girl.

Speaking to Dal was hard. Just getting on a phone call. He was so busy.

"Hey, Dal," I greeted him like usual.

"Hey what's up?"

"Nothing much. " silence filled the call. Man, this was annoying.

"You know how I went and did that work I mentioned the other week?" I hadn't told him of the whole "Hunger Games" Esque brutality. I signed up knowing he would freak out, so I just said it was for "work" experience.

"Mm, what about it? " He sussed me out.

"Well, they want me to take over as the owner. He isn't very healthy at the moment and isn't expected to live long either."
I cringed on the inside, awaiting his answer. This will be different and new. Something to work towards. His response was supportive nonetheless.

"Oh, congrats, Lil sis! I knew you were a Starr! What do you have to do?"

"What?"
I heard him. I just didn't expect he was going to be straightforward. I should know my brother by now, he's always thinking ahead, like me.

"Well your talking as if there is a catch, what you gotta do?"

"Well it's pretty far, they said I'll be able to see you whenever but seeing as we'll be busy almost all of the time, I won't get to see you as much" I explained the little details I was given, for something so sudden and such I'm being overly trusting. This could be a way to kill me because I won or something. Caution was never my best work.

"Don't be sad over that, you don't have to see my stank arse face then! Go live your life bun. I'm going to be here always, they invented phones for a reason"

"I'll miss you"

"I will miss you too"

This sounds like it was done all within a week. It wasn't more like a slow horrible month. So many squashed feelings. And now I have to make my trip back to the old man tell him, yes and then he would probably knock me out or whatever.

---
"You are now the host, you will have help from everyone there, but in truth, there isn't much work to do." He spoke as he sat in a comfortable looking chair.

"Then why did you want me to take your place?" It confused me first he says he needs me to take over for him then say I don't need to do anything? This has to be a trap of some kind.

"You have the creativity to include more games, the kindness and humour to take care of the staff. Make sure they don't go insane you know? " I guess that made sense, to a degree. He told me I would be picked up and a specific time and so on. We said our fair wells, going back home to wait out the hours.

I was overjoyed when I saw a pink-red hooded jumpsuit in the driver seat of a van. "Hiya" he kept looking forward, guess that's protocol. It hurt my soul nonetheless.

Out of all the surprises given this whole mess, him not gassing me asleep was asking the ones onto of my list. I kind of wish he had thought, the drive was so long and I didn't have any music to listen too and trying to sleep was a pain.

My eyes said sleep but my neck said no that hurts.

I got intrauterine when a pretty of some kind came into view. I saw there was a bunch of cars just like the van I had gotten to know quite well.
"Why so many cars?"
The worker beside me answered my question and nothing else. It's such a shame he wouldn't talk to me.
"New players"

"Oh fun" it was sarcastic, new players I can only imagine the new personalities.  Not only that I remember everyone panicked and died first game. Where do all the bodies go?

We had gotten onto the ferry, pulled up and turned off the car. When pinky got out I followed, I didn't know where I was going. I followed him into a room where more pink soldiers lined up.

I stepped out behind pinky as he had to go do his pink suit stuff with the rest of them. When I did they pointed their guns at me, welllll dammn

"Hey calm down, I'm supposed to be here" I held up the little identification pass card I was given from the old man. It had smiley-faced all over the string bit.

They lowered their guns and apologies, they started fussing and asking if I wanted drinks, food or anything of that nature.

"It's alright, Is there anywhere I could take a nap please?" I was brought into a small room that only had a couch. Weird but ok. I had passed out so quickly,  I can tell you now, I sleep as if it were my last. Sleep is my everything, my all-time bae.

I don't remember dreaming of anything, I did regret falling asleep in such an awkward pose. My shoulder developed a knot from it. It hurt really bad.

The good part was I was now standing in front of the facility I once played in. The island looked amazing just from where I stood. These two guards had asked me to follow them and that's exactly what I did, I had no reason not to and what else was I going to do? just stand there as the sun came up?

I was excited to see the frontman, this little high school crush made me was to scream and roll around like you would when your ship has sailed.

Speaking of the devil, a familiar man walked up to me in full black clothing. His mask was scarily arousing.

"I hope you didn't have a hard trip" he looked fridged and tense, what for?
I smiled at him, hoping to relieve whatever was stressing him out.
"It was fine, thank you."

"I'll guide you from here, you may go." He waved off the two guards beside me who then returned to whatever their duty was before my arrival. 

"I was informed you will now be working alongside me as the new host, helping me oversee this operation"
I wish I could hear what his voice sounded like without that mask on. I bet it's breathtaking.

"I presume so, to be honest, I wanted to come back because I missed it.  If that means having to do boring paperwork or something so be it" I shrugged as I walked up beside him. I have no idea where we were of to next but we were going. 

I think the black looked nice on him, although I wouldn't know about other colours since I HAVEN'T SEEN HIS FUCKING FACE!! I was mad at myself, my head won't shut up about him.

He walked me to a lavish-looking living area. It had a large L shaped couch against the far side of the wall,  there was more than enough space to walk behind it. In front were a decent-sized coffee table and a fireplace on the right wall. There were a number of other decor items as well, including a bookcase and a very small minibar. Some paintings decorate the walls and a smallish chandelier. Its glow was astonishing, to say the least. All this seemed too much for me, but I didn't want to be unappreciative.

"This is where you'll be staying. Your bedroom is through this door, the bathoom is through there."
He sounded tired and as if he didn't want to do this.

I guess it's fair always having to handle everything.

(1270 words) Edited(not really)

Hello peeps, hope this was up to your standards. 

I thank everyone who has helped me get this far in a story and kept me interested and wanting to write. i hope everyone has a wonderful day!!💛💛💛