Chapter 14. Game 5.

Purple-y doors opened to reveal a circus-like look. Curtains and dimmed light bulbs lined the edges of the room. There was a soft carpet underneath us.

"Hello, players, let me welcome you all to the fifth game. The fifth game is Glass Stepping Stones. The stepping stones before you are made from one of two types of glass, One will be tempered glass and the other will be normal glass. The tempered glass stepping stone is strong enough to hold the weight of two people. However, the normal glass will break even if just one person steps on it. For this game, you will guess which one of the next two tiles is the tile made of stronger tempered glass, and only step on those across the 18 pairs of tiles." I looked over to the two Pink suits standing beside the door.

"I don't think this is a game. It's more of a gamble. Bets on which one will fall or continue on until they fall just like a horse race. No doubt we are being bet upon, huh? But what aspect of this is a game? This is like a 50 50 coin flip. I'm sorry, but I'm just a little salty." I shook my head and crossed my arms. I am willing to guess people think I don't care about how I could fall and break my neck, but that's just it. I'm pissed I'm not going to get to play a proper game before my death.

The annoying voice explained that we had 16 minutes to get across the room. We had to take off our shoes before stepping onto the glass and we had to go in order. I had watched the first guy step up on the ledge, taking short rigid breaths. When you're in a situation like this, I can imagine the thought of not wanting to die, not being ready to face your death, and the scare that the next tile brings. I don't think I myself have come to terms fully with my death future or nearing.

Some of the players started pushing him to a choice, we were on a limited time schedule, making a decision was hard but it had to be done. He lept onto the glass, we all winced when he did. A woman had tried to encourage him, one after the other. Just one tile at a time. His next jump he wasn't as lucky, He fell through and the players screamed as he fell and hit the floor with a crack.

One after the other, they jumped and fell survived a tile then fell on the next one. The man wearing the 6th bib had gotten on his knees and started praying, He was wasting the precious time we had. Everyone started to get angry. Number 7 went on to attempt to push him on only to fall leaving a tile open, number 8 had then pushed number 6 onto the next tile. It was slightly intriguing when one is met with their knowing death. When my turn came to take off my shoes, I felt the uneasiness in the carpet. It gave me tingles that for some reason had me slightly aroused. It wasn't hard to figure out which tiles had already been stepped on from the slight footprints shown on the glass. After that, I had an idea. I could be shot for it, but there was no rule that said I couldn't.

It came to 101's turn, he laughed when the guy in front had fallen only to realize there was no one in front of him who could take the next fall except for himself. 

"Hey, 101!" I shouted from a few tiles behind. He turned to look at me, probably thinking I had a solution for him. I did but I'm not sharing. "How about you stop being a-" I traced the outline of a square before shouting, "Cunt!"  His face turned red with anger but I had a giggle. Maybe if I get him angry enough he will move.

"Hey, everybody listen! Anyone wanna get across? well, you better go first then" We were down to 5 minutes. This couldn't be an option. Mi nyeo had jumped and pushed the man forward, it was weird to listen to all the crunching and breaking of the body's bones.

She was true to her word she was smart, but she was also very crazy. Mimi had offered to jump ahead only to grab 101 by the waist and pull him down with her. She had riled him up, the size of his penis had him boiling with anger but I guess he didn't have enough hatred because he died. It was a sight to see, a girl who liked a man who then backstabbed her, so she drags him down alongside her. It looks like I should take a page out of her book. If I somehow survive this I think that would be my new goal. Revenge.

I was now one away from being upfront. He looked shaggy and a little on the older side.

"Sir, We don't have much time" I spoke to him, we had 2 minutes to get across the bridge. he told us how we could see stain marks on tempered glass if looked at from a specific angle. That would have been good to know first-up but I'm sure that 'Front man' or one of the workers would have found a way to stop it before too many survived the bridge.

I fell uneasy as I jumped after him, the bridge shook a slight bit as one person jumped from one to the next. As predicted the lights cut out on the second try at looking at the glass, we had panicked as there was still a little to go and only a small amount of time. He had tried to listen to the sound but he joined the fate of the others down below. I had put myself so high in the clouds trying to buzz through this I hadn't realized how much of a high I gave myself. Everything was so slow but in a moment so quick. (1) My plan came into action, I was barefoot so I had to be careful, I stepped onto the Metal bar keeping the glass in place on both sides, and began to shimmy across the glass. Be sure to go slow but not too slow. I looked up to see the guard standing at the end pointing his gun at me. 

"No, you guys never said I couldn't, I'm still on the tiles." He hesitated before putting his gun down and I continued. The glass on my left cracked a little so I was sure to let Sae-byeok and the others know before I continued. 12 seconds left and Myself, Sae-byeok and the first guy had made it into the other platform, My heart quickened as the last one jumped in memory of where we did. As the clock hit 00:02 he made it onto the platform but it wasn't a long celebration as the timer started beeping. The lights hummed as they turned back on. Revealing our path behind us and the many bodies down the bottom. 

The glass broke in rapid-fire. Beautiful pieces of glass reflected in the light but We had to cover ourselves as it is glass and I would like to keep my eyesight if possible. I squeezed my eyes shut as small pieces of glass cut my hands and neck. We waited for a second longer to make sure all the glass had fallen. 

Overall I was ok. my arms and neck were cut up a bit but I had gotten the lighter side of things as I was the furthest from the glass explosion. We were escorted out and we were on our way back to our room. The way Sae-byeok walked didn't look right at all. I thought I would leave her alone for a little, I mean we all needed a break.

---------------------------------

edited

I am very sorry for not updating for an entire week. that was far too long. time just got away from me and there wasn't a moment where I stopped thinking about this story. I'm really excited for people to see what's going to happen. I am a little busy at the moment, so when i get home i might post a second chapter as my apology.

I have a question who is the frontman talking to? dialogue suggests it's not the VIPs and it cant be the old man as he is in the middle of a game at one point "yes sir, the VIPs will arrive soon" that's just a loose bit of what he said in the episodes. It doesnt say on google so im very interested in who he is talking to i couldnt see him saying 'sir' to anyone other then the host and the vips.