Chapter 19. Lost Puppy, Whiskey Shine.

I had gone to bed after washing my face and brushing my teeth. There was an entire wardrobe full of girls' clothes. I was never one to fuss over what I wore, but all this was stunning. I put on silk pyjamas and I instantly fell in love with the way they felt against my skin. (1)

The bed was the softest thing you could ever imagine. Nothing could compare. The blankets gave warmth, but they didn't overheat and the pillows supported and held my head in such an amazing way. Even though the sleeping conditions were fine, I had trouble falling asleep. Was I homesick already?

I just looked at the ceiling until eventually, my eyes were heavy enough that they forced me into sleep.

When I woke up, the alarm said it was 9:00 am. I never woke up that early. I did, but that's beside the point. When I got out of bed, I saw a change of clothing and a peculiar mask.

It was a long sleeve, long-neck shirt. It was tight-fitting but also loose enough to where it pooled just over the high waist pants, which, by surprise, were a dark shade of grey. As I buttoned my fresh coat, I noticed it went halfway down my calf and fell nicely over my bosom. I would have never worn this out in public, but damn, just these clothes made my fantasies come true.

The boots fit perfectly with the outfit. Complicated little embellishments decorated my body. To complete this look, I had black leather gloves, tight and snug, and a mask.

There was another set, completely different, in the cupboard but I assume that would be used for another time.

(Description of mask above)
I fell in love with the way the mask worked. LEDs covered the whole of the front. Allowing for faces to be expressed with dot eyes and a thin smile. Somehow you couldn't see into my mask but I could see out. I felt so powerful but really I didn't have much at all.

I was too focused on what I was wearing to notice a body in the doorway.

"You done?"
I jumped and looked behind me. Oh man, it was him. When I saw him I felt my underwear become slightly damp. Excitement jumped around in my belly as I nodded.

"Today you will be introduced and walked through each staff section. There are new players once a month, therefore you can learn how everything works from the staff member's perspective."

He handed me, more like shoved, a plate that had some fruit and toast on it. "Hurry up, we can't be behind schedule" He left right after. I smiled, removing my mask to scoff it all down.

I met him outside my living area and he walked me to this weird-looking room, there were computers everywhere, and workers sat at each one. Squares. In the centre of the darkroom, there was a giant square with pictures slowly filling a square.

From beside me was a square, I guess he was going to guide me. As...I don't know his name....wow

Anyway, he was busy looking over the shoulders of the workers. They were already working so hard.

"So what's all this?"
I asked the worker on standby.

"These are the player's profiles, once eliminated the square with their photo will go out." ok so they keep track, oh God, wait, that means my wonk photo was on here for so long. I mentally screamed at myself, I spaced out just thinking about the embarrassing moments that were on camera.

"You don't have time to space out, come on." he came back just to rush me again, how rude for such a put-together man.  He walked me around the facility, the main rooms where the kitchen, storage, different game rooms, staff dorm, bathrooms, and a few other rooms I didn't much pay attention to.

Everyone In the kitchen was really nice, although they were working they still acknowledged me. When...This is going to be hard without a name. When he turned around I was handed a small croissant, I don't think the LEDs on the mask worked well enough to show the giant smile I had. I whispered my thank you before following the frontman to what I call the storage room, it was kinda small and cramped but it was ancient history here. Dust coated the shelves and documents, I cringed at the messy sight. The light wasn't even that good either.

"This is where all files of the previous current and future games are stored-" As much as I love the sound of the voice behind the mask I had cut him off, it was for a very important reason.

"Can I clean it," He just looked at me, I guess he thought I was weird, Great good job? "It's dusty and dust mites might ruin the documents." I guess that felt like a good enough excuse. He turned around and walked out, I couldn't tell if that was a good thing or what.

I felt like a lost puppy, I don't know what I should be doing so I'm just following him around. It does get hard with his large quick steps, I felt like I could trip over this long coat but just by length, it wouldn't happen.

He didn't talk much or at all and I felt uncomfortable trying to talk to him. With all these awkward feelings I hated following him, I felt like a stalker or something. He walked into an elevator so that is also where I went. The light was such a golden colour, that it looked like his clothing turned white. We stood for a second I couldn't figure out why we weren't moving. The annoying female voice spoke up "Facial identification recognized." I wasn't ready for a thin beam of red light to pass over my eyes. 

"WOW, Warning next time" I just heard a breathy 'heh' as he walked out the elevator doors. I wanted to just smack him upside the head. Instead, I laughed it off and walked a step behind him.

"What's this?"

"This is my personal living quarters and office, similar layout to yours. The first game is about to start. I prefer to watch on a bigger screen than the security office." I slowly nodded as I processed what he said. Why didn't he just get bigger screens in there? He does have money yeah?

He removed his hood, and then his mask. I still couldn't see his face as I was behind him but the anxiety and nausea rested in my body. I wanted to see his face so bad and I don't know why. I removed my mask as I thought it would be rude to keep it on, even though I genuinely loved the feel of it

It was awkward at first, he sat down on the single-seat couch, pouring himself a glass of whisky. I smiled cheekily and sat on the armrest and stole the fancy feeling glass cup from his hand.

I saw his head flick in my direction from the corner of my eye as I had lifted the glass lip to my own, my breathing became heavier, it was my attempt at not laughing, I almost spat the burning liquid everywhere.

My chest calmed down from its erratic burst, the TV screen showed in great detail my first game but with different players.

It was as if I could see the future, or had I lived through it. People were screaming, running, and hitting the doors. Each one a shot in the head.

"You know it's so much nicer from here, down there I didn't get to see anything." I commented just to keep the room from getting awkward. I'm just glad the comment didn't make it awkward either. 

"You had surprised me, this was the first of many." Oh, his voice was sexy with the masks overtone but I couldn't control how my body reacted when he spoke.

I was a little shaky but I took a mouthful of the alcohol and asked to clarify his statement.

"How do you mean?"

-----

(1331 words) Edited

hey people! I'm still here and I love reading your comments they all make me laugh. hope this chapter is good for you. tell me what you think or want to come next because frankly I don't know and sexy time needs to have passion, we don't have a passion yet but we will get there at some point. 

(1) silk feels super good against freshly shaven legs. its so gooood.