Chapter 8. Caught by the hands of a soldier

I handed the gun over to the nearest body; they seemed to be as confused as each other. The man in black stepped in front of me in my attempt to leave. He was tall. Like really tall. I know men say 'height isn't everything, and they're right, but by god. His mask both intrigued and frightened me. Unlike the other workers, he showed more of a face than just a circle, triangle, or square. It was the way I could feel him looking over me. There were no eyes I could look at, but I got nervous and I could no longer look up at him. So I admired his clean shoes compared to my dirty white ones. 

"Take her back to the main room," wow even his voice made my legs quiver. 

I bowed, and two workers grabbed my forearms and forcefully dragged me away and back to the room. I wouldn't blame them if he were their superior. I would say they were just a little softer than that black-masked man would have liked.

I met up with Ari back in the main room. She was curled up in my bed, her face was red and puffy. She had made me want to tackle any guy that doted on her and roundhouse any woman who hurt her. I pulled the thin blanket over her shoulders and pecked her cheek.

"Attention players, I will now announce the results of the second game."
The lights turned off and the trilling of the piggy bank filled our ears. "Out of the 187 players who participated, 79 players were eliminated. The prize money accumulated in this round is 7.8 billion won." I shook my head as I watch the player count go down and the money count goes up. 

Like everything else I got bored and didn't know what to do in the meantime.

I tried to talk to the other players but they weren't interested, instead, I decided to head to the bathroom so I could attempt to wash off this blood. I had gotten annoyed at the smell of dried blood on my face. Some were still smeared across my left cheek over my lips and back up to my right. A few spattered droplets were printed around my temples and forehead, it really wasn't flattering.

I knocked and asked to come in, the worker let me in but when he shut the door behind me I heard a very...definable...sound. Two players were having fun in one of the stalls and I don't think they gave a crap about who heard. (1)

Slowly looking up at the worker I could almost see the embarrassment and pleading look. "Oh no, you poor thing" I leant the crown of my head against his chest trying to stifle the laugh threatening to come out. I looked at the end of the short hallway to see the second worker looking defeated. I doubled over in laughter, I was on the floor crying as I could only imagine how long this had to be going on. I watched as the workers huffed in silent laughter as they watched me lightly hit the first staff member's calf. I was trembling, I felt so guilty but it was the best thing that happened so far.

It stopped after 2-ish minutes and the guilty stepped out into the short hallway. The worker standing at the second door stepped aside to let them through. I still wasn't finished laughing and by this point, I couldn't prop myself up, so I sat against pinky's legs.

Heavy footsteps came up to where I was, fair as I was just stationed in front of the door, there was still plenty of room for people to walk through.

"What are you laughing at? Huh" he didn't see what was wrong, I held my breath and waved my hand between the two workers.
"We could hear and-" I lost all composure, no sound came out as my stomach was too tense to let air in or out. "Oh, so you're a pervert are you?" He bent down and grabbed a fist full of my shirt, his breath stank. "What's funny is my fist through your skull"

I smirked "What you smiling at now" he spat at me, yuck. I just pointed upwards. When he looked up he fell back letting go of my shirt. He came face to face with a gun, pointed right at his head. His fling grabbed him by the arm and pretty much dragged him out.