Chapter 25. Gift or a...𝕲𝖎𝖋𝖙?

Today was a new day. It was also the day the V.I.P.S. came to the facility. I think this week has drained me of my emotional capacity; I think I'm afraid of working here if this is what I have to go through for however long I am to work here. Although the slump, I have to admit I was very excited about what was to come. It's like a minor event, but I have high expectations. It may cause some disappointment, but you never really know until it happens. I had myself dressed and ready to go. Everything was okay until I felt the mask hit my face. Then I remembered the feeling of his face next to mine, and my face flushed. As much as I wanted to freak out, I had to prepare for the V.I.P.S. arrival.

In fashionable time, I made it up to the security office. I wanted to find In-Ho and go through what I'll be doing and what I should and shouldn't say. That way, I didn't embarrass myself before anything even starts. As usual, everyone was working on the monitors. Scanning the room, I found the black blob man I wanted to talk to, but before I could start a conversation, he had already spotted me and was making his way toward me.

"I need you to make sure everything is in perfect working order and then I would like to talk to you in my office."

I nodded and started busying myself with the task. All I knew about today was that the game will start later as the VIPs take a while to get here. I guess my excitement will have to wait a while until I can settle it. Apart from me didn't want to make this trip because I am kinda lazy but the other part was happy to learn about my staff. I can say that right? My...Staff hahaha Dayam I went from working in a crappy, almost shutting down flower shop to being the host of a smaller (still quite big) version of the hunger games. (1)

As usual, I started with the kitchen, snagged some snacks, and asked the supervisors if anything was wrong. Then I moved on to the other rooms repeating my actions up till my last room, the hall. I didn't really feel interested in looking at their faces, some begging for help, others with bloodlust eyes. 

I could hear the quietest of murmuring from behind the giant ass door, I took a second to nod to the pink guard on my right, to which he opens the door for me. Cute. Everyone's attention was now on me, which was normal but still felt weird. I walked around two of the supervisor and asked them the same questions. 

"Is anything needed from me here?" Standing next to this soldier I saw his shoulders tense a little. I hated it when they did this but as their superior, they think I can't mess around or maybe they can't, I guess that's why bosses don't make too great of friends huh.

"No ma'am." Ma'am wasn't a great term for me but I guess I could deal with it. I mean it doesn't really affect me so I ignored it. I watched the players as they watched me, it was like a primary school classroom with a foreign teacher walking in for a quick talk. 

"Have there been any hiccups with any of the players?" Simple enough, shouldn't be too much for him.

"No ma'am" Never mind I was wrong.

"Call me Chairman or hostess, ma'am sounds weird" I shivered in a joking way, this visibly relaxed him. It was interesting, these people, work as murderers and seem completely fine with it. Or maybe they don't like it at all. 

"Yes, madam hostess" oh my gowd...madam! I laugh but continued to scan the room to make sure they all behaved, if they didn't I'm sure a bullet would continue through their skull. I noticed I couldn't seem to find the guy who made my guts turn and my blood boil. It was weird but I continued to make my exit and make my way up to In-ho's office, I realize half the day had already flown by, just by walking around this place time went by without a second thought. I was huffing and puffing by the time I reached my final destination. (2) I knocked on the door to which it was opened by the man himself. He looked stiff, too formal if you ask me, he was in the same clothes he always wore but his aura was different. If that makes sense.

He stepped aside so I took that as an invitation to walk in, I did a quick scan of the room before starting with a simple greeting just to push my bubbly stomach away for the moment.

"Afternoon."

"Afternoon, how did you sleep?" He asked me how I slept? Nawh, he cares how I slept...which is irrelevant at the moment. I need to act professional and I am one of the most unprofessional people I know. I removed my mask and placed it on the table.

"Was alright, you know I'm being called madam now." I watched him shake his head "What was it that you needed me for." In-Ho shut the door, I was a little surprised that he hadn't taken his mask off just yet but I didn't look much into it. 

"I have a gift for you." When he said that it was in a tone I couldn't pinpoint. It made me think, was it an actual gift, or was it...a gift. 😉😉 Either one I would accept but it might be a little too fast at the moment, I don't think I should be so willing to open my legs to someone whom I don't know has family, friends, or even hobbies. 

"If you would follow me, I'll show you." oh god, it is the second 'gift' isn't it. My mind raced and jumped at every thought of him naked and he faced close to my ear like it was my lips last night. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

(1001 words) Edited

okay, I have no excuse as to why this wasn't out sooner, I had low motivation but I'm coming back into it. I think I'm too far in to abandon this book, if yall are excited for this book ending so am I!!! tell me how your day went please would love to hear what you say, hope everyone has a good rest of their day!! love you guys heaps 

(1) I have never seen the hunger games, yeah hate on me but I can talk about what I'm told.

(2)The only movies that have made me proper gag, no horror could do that. Final destination is so bad but kinda good in my opinion the graphics and shivers it gave me were amazing.

💛💛