Chapter 15. Shower Me With Death.

Possible Cringe depending on how you feel. I know I had promised a few chapters because of my lack of posting but there was a change in plans and not by my accord. A family friend had passed a few days ago, so that has been something to deal with. Please forgive me and I really hope you enjoy this chapter. I really don't know if it will be up to standards but hey we can do what we try right!

Being the four of us, the walk was so lonely. It only took two guards to take us back. I miss having the stoic guards watch as we made trips to the game rooms and back. It almost gave me another meaning to play this game and keep going. I had considered all the pink my friends, so when they weren't there, there was no party. Do you get what I'm putting down? I saw massive blood droplets on the steps in front of me. Was it Sae-byeok? In the large room that once held 456 players, there were now 4 beds. One at each circle. This allowed for the walls to show their little designs, looking at them now. They were big indicators of the games we had just played.

"Sae-byeok, are you ok? " I rubbed her shoulder while I whispered into her ear, she was shaking badly. She said "yeah" and limped to the nearest bed. I sat with her to comfort her as the two guys fought. What they were fighting about was the death of the others, willingness to do whatever it takes, etc. Before they could start a full fight, the door buzzed once more. I wished the man in black had walked through those doors, but it was the man in pink. 

"Players, we sincerely congratulate and commend you all for successfully making it through the first five games." Besides the square-suited man, more of them held out 4 boxes. "The four of you are now the finalists and, as such, we have prepared a special gift for each of you. Before we reveal the gift, please take a moment to change into the outfits we have brought."

They had given us a beautiful box with the classic, circle triangle square on the top. A beautiful bright pink ribbon sat on opposite corners of the box. I had asked If I could go for a shower even if it was short and shitty. My heart was matted with clotted blood and I smelled really bad. I somehow begged them enough for one to agree, I just smiled and thought to myself 'Favouritism not cheating' I was led to a small-ish room with a very small shower, it was a square maybe 60cm across and down. It was very small and it didn't have a curtain either.

A single guard came into the room with me, he told me that the conditions were he was to watch me so I don't sneak off or attack or something stupid like that. It's fair I guess, I wasn't too ashamed of my body but I had my insecurities. I didn't mind, especially since the start of this whole game thing, I had a small 'fuck me crush' on these guys. As the flowing water hit my face I flinched and almost jumped at him because the water was so cold. It made my toes ache and my feet cramp.

"Don't you be laughing at me, If I find out you were smiling Ima give you the biggest, coldest, sloppiest hug! Try getting that out of your suit then." I knew he was smiling, I plan for petty after. The cold water was quick to change from freezing cold to burning hot in seconds. "Who controls the water, holy shit!" eventually I de-matted my hair and cleaned the staining blood from my body leaving perfectly smooth skin after. Granted, I had no products to clean with so I just smelt like nothing and my skin was pinker than usual. As I hopped out I wrapped my arms around the soldier and gave him a big shit-eating grin. He groaned as the cold water from my skin and hair dripped onto his suit which then got into his suit. "I told you." The clothes were nice fitting and looked really well on me if I do say so. I bet Sae-byeok would look stunning as always. I have a girl crush, what do you want from me? Ari would have looked very nice in one of these.

When I had returned to the bedroom the guys were dressed but Sae-byeok was nowhere to be seen. I had checked the bathroom to which I found her hunched over the sink with a massive wound to her abdomen. I had no words.

She looked at me, all her tears gone, nothing left to cry. Just pain. I ripped up my player shirt and gave it to her, hoping she could make a bandage until I could ask for any medical treatment. She almost cried out in pain as she tried to wash the wound and wrap it up but there wasn't a thing she could do at the moment. I helped her dress up and walked her out at a slow pace. We were around the same height so I got scared when she rested her head on my shoulder. 

A square table was set up in a square, candles were lit, and beautiful decorations were at every corner. (1) Set on the table in front was beautiful cutlery a little stand full of pieces of bread in different shapes and even a bottle of wine catered to each of us. This was truly something. To top of the great but not-so-great experience, classical music played from the speakers. Soothing and disturbing at the same time.

"Tonight's feast is prepared as a token of gratitude for the sacrifice and effort that you finalists have made, and to encourage you all to perform even splendidly in the final game. Now please relax and enjoy your feast."

You would think these men knew table manners with those suits on, but as soon as they saw a piece of meat then it all went out the window. They ate as if it were a competition who could eat the fastest or who could eat the most, disgusting, the way they scoffed at it made me want to stop eating. Sae-byeok didn't even touch her food, worry stirred in my chest like fire. 

Everything was taken from us after we had finished our meal, everything except our steak knife. We no longer could trust each other fully, to fall asleep is a death wish. I sat with Sae-byeok in her bed, they had refused first aid when I had to ask. Everything else was ok to go but when asking for help to save a life it couldn't be done? what kind of BS is this! The other two still hadn't realized what had happened due to their feud over dinner. It was best to keep it that way just in case one of them feels the need to attack the weakened one.

When Gi-hun came over, Sae-byeok and I took instant defence, holding our knives out at him. 

"If I had wanted to kill you I would have done it already, I have it with me because of Sang-Woo over there" At least we weren't the only ones not to trust that blood-loving man.

He expressed his concern for Sae-byeok but she just brushed him off with an 'I'm fine. He too had noticed she hadn't touched her food. She asked him what he would do with the money if he got out, Gi-hun answered and so did Sae-byeok. "And Do you know what you're gonna do with all that money once we get out?"

"I'd pay my debt off first. And buy a nice clean store in the city for my mum. She had always hoped to run, a real store, not just the kind of little stall. And I would finally start being a dad to my girl." She questioned how old his daughter was, and then compared the ages between her and her brother.

"He's in an orphanage, I promised that he'd get out of there soon. Our mother is stuck in the north right now, I said I would come to get her once I was able to get enough money" Gi-hun and I listened to her as she spoke,  he then turned to me and asked what I would do.                         "What about you? what would you do?" What would I do? help my brother? he seemed stable enough with the job offer. There wasn't much I could do to help anyone who was in need. Once I got out of here I would track down that hateful bastard I once loved but that has nothing to do with money. 

"I would spend it on memorials for Ari and the few people who gave a damn about me here." A house would be nice and some food every night. But all in all nothing major. That's kind of sad in't it now?

Sae-byeok had slumped into my arms after telling Gi-hun not to go through with killing Sang-woo. Her breathing got really heavy.  Gi-hun tried to get her to keep her eyes open but she couldn't. 

"Someone please help! She's bleeding!" Running up to him I had to pull him away from the door, no amount of yelling at him got him to stop. "STOP! They won't help! I tried before ok!" He looked at me with grief in his eyes quickly turning around after hearing the sounds of the door opening, It wasn't what he expected, It wasn't what I expected.

It was a team of pink suits carrying in a box coffin with a bow on top. While we were turned away, Sang-woo had slit her throat. 

That bastard won't continue this life. 

-------------------------------

Edited

(1) ok so in my mind the shape of the table changes depending on the number of survivors. 

goodnight everyone and I hope you stay safe and have a wonderful sleep. Dream of the crazy things! love you all very much bye bye!