Chapter 16. Boring All The Way Through.

We didn't sleep. I was so tired I didn't feel in the mood for another game.

"Player 218, player 455 and player 456, welcome to the final game. Before we begin, we'll flip a coin to decide who plays offence or defence. Please choose a shape, triangle, or square." Pinky had asked.

"Triangle" Gi-hun spoke. With a satisfying clap, he opened his palms to unfold the coin that had indeed landed on the triangle. "Please choose either offence or defence."

With a sharp inhale from Sang-woo, Gi-hun responded with "Offense."

"Player 456 will play offence. Player 218 will defend. Player 455, how will you proceed?" (1) they were now looking at me. Sang-woo didn't look like he cared and Gi-hun looked as if he were a mix of dead inside and pleading.

"Offense."

As we walked through the doors, it was another wall print room but it had a giant version of squid game. It was the same room we had played Redlight, GreenLight in. I had noticed that there was a tinted window right above the door we came through. I waved my hand at whoever was watching. Hopefully, my man in black was watching. Has this gone into a crazy crush?  

There was no need for that annoying woman's voice, so one of the superior workers spoke and explained how the game worked. growing up with this game we already had an understanding of the game.

"If a situation in which either player is unable to continue playing the game, the last one standing will be the winner." They wanted us to fight. Stuff the game, they wanted us to fight to the death and whoever comes out on top is the winner.

"A player's unable to continue. Could you explain that?" Gi-hun had asked. And the worker had answered, "That would be referring to the death of a player. With that let the game begin." I followed Gi-Hun to the other side of the court, He made sure to tie his shoelaces well so that they wouldn't go flying or sabotage the game in any way. After he stood, we went separate ways hopping to the middle and keeping an eye on sang-woo. We had gone separate ways to make it a little harder for Sang-woo to keep track of the both of us.

Sang-woo had his knife drawn as he put all his focus into GI-hun. Pretty much forgetting about me. I had already crossed the squid's neck and was able to run freely but I wanted to wait out this game just a little longer. As Sang-woo went to take a jab at Gi-hun, he threw sand into Sang-woo's eyes. That gave him time to cross the neck. Small drops fell from the sky, small drops quickly turned into big ones and before I knew it It was pouring down rain.

I don't think this was about the game anymore, not that it was, to begin with. Both men had their knives drawn and I had already stepped foot in the circle. It's no fun to play alone. I made my way and stood next to the worker overlooking our 'game'. We watched as the two-argument turn into a physical fight. I could see the entertainment the one who came up with this whole ordeal did. Adults acting like children over money. Yes, they needed it but this was intriguing the anticipation was everything. 

They had stabbed each other punched, scratched and kicked each other. They rolled around in the mud and attack each other until they couldn't move. Blood dripped from their mouths and from their wounds. With a final stab, two bodies fall to the floor. Stabbing each other in the neck they allowed for an easy win, I came to be upset with the games by the end. I had no one to play with and that tile game? Wasn't even a game. And now I stand here next to a guard wet as hell in my new suit. I couldn't be any more annoyed. 

I hooked my arm around the neck of my friend and walked to the door. "Why did that have to be so depressing. Games are no fun alone." I complained as he walked me inside. My shoes squelched as I walked, I laughed it off as I would when I was younger. 

No beds.

Just the piggy looking back at me. I wish it could oink.

"You will be handed your previous clothes and sent home with the money transferred to you. Your experiences here stay confidential and if not we will be forced to kill." I hummed. 

"I will miss everyone, and you don't have to worry. I'll probably be seen as a loonie." I tried to joke but it didn't seem wholehearted. As Mentioned I was given my clothes and items back. Not that I could use or see them. At the moment I had a blindfold on my eyes and my hands were bound.

"That was quite the game. You surprised me," When I heard the tone of voice it felt familiar but nobody came to mind.

"Hmm, was a little disappointed with the last few." I could hear his movements but it was hard to tell exactly where he was. I felt a gloved hand on my face, his gloved thumb moved across my lip and danced across my cheek. I wanted to kiss it and bite it. Like the urge to squish a fluffy dog. Before I could say cheese sticks I was knocked out. When I woke up I woke up at the front door of my home. How classy, I walked in and it was as empty as ever. Home sweet home.

I unlocked my phone to see spam calls and messages from Dal, He was worried about me. So I called.

"HEY! Where have you been!! I've been trying to contact you all week, what the hell is wrong with you!" he screamed at me. It was amazing to hear his voice.

"Hey I'm alive, I had to go somewhere where it had no signal, I didn't even have my phone on me haha" I just laughed him off but he sounded more than pissed. "So how's that job going?" Dal ranted to me about everything, he told me how he met this girl and they've been chatting. She seems very nice as well. Everything seemed to go so smooth with him so far. "I have a bit of cash now, like a lot of it so if you need just let me know and I'll send it over." After that, I said goodbye. 

I didn't get good sleep but it was ok. I decided I should start paying off the debt I owe, better make it in smaller-sized portions so as not to bring suspicion. All I ate was a cup of noodles and I hadn't looked for a proper house. It was the procrastination that hit me hard. I Saw my brother twice that week, only for 10 minutes as he had to get back to work. It wasn't until Saturday I was met with the same man that had played Ddakji with me. 

"What can I do you for?" He just smiled back and handed me a card. A card with a circle, triangle and a square on the back and an address on the opposite side

------------------

Edited

(1) I didn't actually know which one to put you in so I just didn't really put a game in.