Chapter 22. Make Him Jealous!

I had woken up to the sound of my alarm going off in the bedroom. I guess I slept through the night. Wasn't a good idea to sleep on the couch. As comfortable as it was in the beginning, my neck was stiff and sore. No amount of neck massages would help it's that bad. 

Getting up, I felt my stomach rumble. I was pretty hungry so I think I could waste time by going to eat something. It was just something small. 

My clothes weren't too different from the day before, black clothing, a black overcoat and my mask. Not bothering with my hair for the main reason nobody's going to see it, anyway.

When I said yes to this, I thought it was going to be something great, but now that I'm here, I understand what the old man said about it being boring as hell. I should see if I could send him something like maybe a letter. Texts can get traced right, probably not a great idea.

Stepping out of my living quarters, it seemed quiet... and lonely. I worked away my time, checking on each section of the facility, starting with the kitchen, then moving to the cleaners, then moving once more to the furnaces down in the "basement" of this building. I took my time checking everything, letting each party know that they were doing a great job.

I thought about getting to work on that file room, cleaning up the dust but that would mean I would have to walk up to His room. I got anxious just thinking about having to talk to him at least once today but I was also kind of excited. I mean I can't avoid him forever, and it's kinda childish but I can't help but want to watch him work. Why that is? I can't say for sure.

What I can say is that these pink stairs will never get old, nor will they be any shorter or less tiresome. I bet by the end of the day my calf muscles will be so out of proportion with the rest of my body, I'll look like popeye but backwards.

All jokes aside I couldn't stop thinking about my dirty ass ex, his disgusting junkie-like face smiling like everything he has done up to this point was ok. Like demons don't trouble him as much as they do me. He really doesn't deserve to be here in the sense he has a chance to win.  He doesn't deserve to breathe and sleep so easily.
What if I just walked in and shot him now, I would be saving so much emotional energy.

"Lady...Chairman" I flickered my head over to a pink worker standing on a block about a meter above the stairs. I remember they did this when watching us go from game to game.

"The Frontman requests you up in the security office"
My smile to see pinky turned into a blank look. Not so much because I felt like that but because I didn't have a response. Whether he could see it or not I donno but I paused and turned to look at him, I tried to nod but the angle he was at didn't help the badass knot in my neck.

I began to walk again, delving deeper into my mindless thoughts to entertain myself through the silence. I thought about what I would say to In-ho, should I apologise or shouldn't I? This whole issue is getting old and tiresome, how I feel should be valid, or is that a part of today's generation being too emotional. He will die, I know that, but should I kill him before or after?

One step after another and before I knew it all the stalling eventually came to an end. Soldiers opened the door for me and from the inside, I could hear the tapping of buttons and keys. The clacking of shoes against the glass acrylic panels came closer in my direction. I took a sharp breath in and look up, meeting a black geometric mask on my way up.

"You finished sulking."

I flinched ready to hit him but quickly decided against it, pulling back just as quickly. To anyone who wouldn't have understood, it would have looked like I just jerked forward, I wonder if he knew how much of a prick he's being.

I held the gun I stole off him in the clutches of my gloved hands, does that mean I could just... bang. I shook off the violent thought. It scares me sometimes, how easily I could take a life without feeling guilt or remorse for the being. 

I could cry over a dog I never met being put down or abused but another human life could mean nothing if I wanted it to.

"The second game has yet to start so once you've finished being a child-" He tried to act all big but I smiled and cut him off.

"Instead of insulting me, you can shut your mouth. I am your superior and you will treat me as such." It was nice to watch his reaction, it was hard to judge but his breathing hitched for a second before continuing at his regular smooth pace. 

How am I to deal with such an ass, calling me the child but he himself is the biggest one. It almost turned me on at how I could command him in such a way, I never knew I could do this

"The second game will begin soon, so if you will, please follow me" I wish this mask could show the smug smirk I had. Instead of poking at the fire, I followed him. Once we had got there I made my way into the game room to which there were pink workers already lined up on the inside waiting for the players to come and join them. This had to be the one game I found most intriguing. Honeycomb.

The playground had been cleaned from the game I had in here. Blood no longer staining the playground jungle gym but soon to be spray painted with blood again.

I walked around the room, feeling confident and more alive. I walked up behind a triangle soldier and hung my arm around his neck, pulling him down to my level.

"Is it boring doing the same things over and over?"

It took him a second to realise I was speaking to him. He did sound a little hesitant at first but answered my question anyway.

"Some times?"

My lips curled into a menacing smirk as I could feel In-ho staring at me. An idea popped into my head as I thought about how to make this fun. I think this had to be one of my best ideas. Game night.

"Wanna play a game of our own?" I asked, my chin resting on his shoulder.

"Uh sure, what game?"

--------
(1155 words) edited

Thank you all for reading and for the continuous support of my readers. I am so glad that I have been encouraged to finish this book because I'm coming back to these chapters and recognising what I feel is not up to standard and changing it. one by one I will make sure this is a great story!!