Chapter 9. One to Many Tears.

It was 238, the man that tackled her. I moved as fast as I could, but when I got there, her blood was on his hands. Her eyes met with mine before she let her last breath go. Anger took over my body. He took the one good thing and destroyed it. He looked at me with an evil shit-eating grin, what came after he deserved.

I grabbed the metal bar he held in his hands, and I swung, his hands quickly moving up to the side of his head. I swung again. He had tried to crawl away.

A buzzing sound rang through the room, and lights stopped flickering.
I swung again. His head pissed blood. My shirt, jacket and pants are no longer the original colour. I swung again. He fell to the floor. Soldiers came running in, pointing their guns at the players, shouting for them to line up.

I straddled his lap. Barely a second later, I smashed his head in with the bar, again and again. His head was split and mashed, his brains were visible, and there was more blood coming from him than any other body. I lifted the metal bar to strike again, but someone behind me grabbed it, stopping me from bringing it down.

"That's enough," he spoke behind me. A soldier took the bar from my hand and put it down beside me. He stepped in front to attempt to scan the mashed-up face. It didn't work, but I'm going to assume he noted it down or something.

I crawled back to Ari, my bloody hands holding her body close to mine, her head fell limp against my shoulder, her hands cold, mine warmed them so slightly. A pink suit had knelt down on the opposite side, he scanned her ear and the speaker repeated what it always would "Player 001, eliminated" tears poured from my eyes, I was crying hard and I didn't care who saw or heard. My Ari was gone.
The triangle who had scanned her lifted his hand towards me but thought not to touch, as he would be in trouble.

I cradled her in my arms, my tears falling onto her cheeks. I promised I would protect her, to bring her home. I made that promise knowing full well only one would win. Knowing full well it probably was even going to be me.

This is what Mama meant by making promises you can't keep. The ones' she hated, the ones I made.

The door opened again and there were more coffins with bows. A beautiful casket for a beautiful soul. They placed a box next to each body. I guess they got tired of waiting or were told to hurry up because they attempted to pick her up from my arms. I slapped them away which caused some surprise. I wanted to do it. This was my fault so I'll give her a fair, fair well.

I hooked my arms under her legs and lifted her up, she was light. Like the angel she was. Gently placing her in the coffin box I kissed her cheek one last time before placing her hands on her navel.
"Just give me a second, I'll be quick" the two workers looked at me and then at each other, I ran to my bed and grabbed the squashed napkin rose from under my pillow. In an attempt to make it look less flattened I had spread blood over it. How fitting for a red rose. Placing the white flower with red spots on it in her hands. The lid was set on top and I watched her be carried away.

Everything went so slow but in a moment too quick.

I couldn't stop crying. This was horrifying, the heartbreak was so painful. The pink suits left, confiscating all weapons used and smuggled. There was a giant mess in the room. I didn't want to look at it.

Still sniffling and crying I left to go to the bathroom, and clean up my hands and face. The guard who usually lets me in, took a step back when he saw me. Not to let me in but out of surprise. It's amazing how well I could read these people when I can't see their faces or hear their voices.

Standing in front of the mirror I shocked myself, my entire front was covered in blood. There were thinner bits where my tears fell but my skin couldn't be seen. Rinsed my hands and rubbed my face, I had to run to the toilet several times as the taste of blood was so strong. The 5th time running to the toilet there was nothing to throw up, no bile or stomach acid I could only painfully gag. I could feel the pressure building in my temples, somehow even my ears strained. I couldn't see through the tears, I was helpless and so very vulnerable all I could do was sob violently.

I heard the stall door open and a hand-rubbed my back. The small circles felt good, gentle, nurturing. I took a deep breath and sat down, the person next to me had held out a bottle of water? When my head cleared enough I saw it was a square soldier.

It was hard to swallow but I sipped at the water. My throat hurt a lot. I sniffled and curled up to the man. He stiffened but let it happen, I felt so weak. I'm not going to survive longer than tonight. I just wanted to play a game.
I have no idea when I passed out but I woke up to music, everyone was cautious about one another. I would be too but at the moment, I didn't care. It felt like a second piece was taken from me, it was my fault. The one thing I could control was the protection she asked from me, I was too careless and now her life was the punishment.

I didn't want to get up but it was something I had to.

"Attention all players, the 3rd game will begin momentarily, please follow staff instructions and make your way to the game hall"

Four workers rounded up the others, they just wanted the prize. I think we swapped emotional states, at the beginning everyone was dull, now I'm the one sitting in my own sorrow.
A soldier hit the end of his gun to the metal structure, loud enough to let me know he wants me to hurry up.

"Alright alright, I'm coming" I slipped down grabbing my shoes and waddled my way to the rest of the group, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes as I went.

"Welcome to the third game, for this game, you must group up in a team of 3. You have 10 minutes"

---

(1155 words) Edited

Ok, so another one bites the dust.

I did change the next game as I thought we wouldn't have won. not gonna lie I am a smaller person not really built for taking out larger men without a crowbar or something.

hope this fuels your simping buttholes and goodbye

Quack out!