Chapter 10. Game 3 peekaboo-ohhh no.

I watched as everyone grouped up, just like school. The outcasts were kicked out and we're left to build a group of their own. I was, unfortunately, one of them.

My team comprised a male with a patchy beard. He seemed to have more of an oval face but still looked kinda cute. He looked on the weaker side, but if he had to, he could go ape. If I were to use stereotypes, I would say he was a store owner of sorts. My other teammate was a girl. She has short, pretty hair, smaller chocolate cake eyes with the thickest of lashes and full pink lips. Everything I wish to be, she was. Perfect.

"You have 30 seconds left,"
We looked at each other and nodded. We hadn't said a single word to each other. Just the same thought, stay the duck alive. Maybe it was just me, but the timer ticked louder, just like my heartbeat, thumping on beat to the ticking. A buzz cut off the conversations and we all watched the doors open.

Staff members walked to each group and handed each group a single torchlight. 1 to 3? That won't work well. The square 'among us' pink suit stood in front of the open door before making an announcement of his own.

"Your goal is to hide and stay hidden for the entire 20 minutes given. If you are found, you will be executed. Whether you stay in your group or go independent is your choice." He went on to explain we had 2 minutes to find a spot to hide. "The game begins after you step foot into the room. Good luck." Why did that 'good luck' sound so menacing, and evil? How it made me shiver. It wasn't a bad shiver either. Hide and seek didn't sound too bad, I didn't always win but I think I have a few strategies that could give us a little time.

Groups at a time stepped into the darkroom, although we had shoes on it felt like grass underneath, I looked to my left and right but Mr 'I'm a man' took over so I could only see small areas. While walking forward I ended up getting hit in the face, when 405 flashed his light onto it out of a jump scare. We noticed it was a large fake tree trunk. It sounds like plastic or a softer metal. But it hurt.

We tread through the fake forest area, trying to find somewhere that's not been taken or just climbing a tree. I thought it best to try and make friends with 067, that way I could have a girl buddy who was on my side. So I wouldn't be alone. "What's your name?"

"Doesn't matter" she was straight out with it, she didn't seem too happy with anything. So I'd try my best then!
"It does to me" I admit I pouted while I said it. "If you were to go on and win assuming I die, I would want you to remember me as someone who made you smile at least a little"

"But you haven't"

"Sure not now, but you don't know the future," she didn't say anything, "I think you are the prettiest girl I've seen. I bet when you smile everyone falls at your feet. Under that hard shell, I think you have a heart of gold. Maybe a little dirty but who isn't? That is only a guess from the way your eyes shimmer"

"Suck up"

"Yeah, but you listened didn't you?"

She wouldn't talk to me after, so in the end, we figured we should just squat down behind a tree. No matter how many times the both of us told the guy to turn off the flashlight he wouldn't listen.

The entire reason we were telling him to turn it off was that we heard booted footsteps coming from behind the tree, it was faint but it won't be for much longer
"We'll be fine," he said,

067 grabbed my hand and launched us into running, we didn't have a light so where we were going could have been more of a death sentence than safety. I heard and felt her slip under the slippery leaves. They weren't at the crunchy stage yet but they were wet for some reason.

She ended up pulling me to the floor with her, it was a hole of sorts. It was big enough to fit 067's body when she was curled up and a little bit of my legs. It came halfway up my thighs, that I know. The lip of the tree made sure from a standing perspective, 067 wasn't seen. But my unfortunate ass sat there, from the thigh up I was out in the open.