Chapter 29. A bloody hole

I slightly struggled to try to get up, mostly because I couldn't with how tight the fabric was. It left no room for knee bending. But partly because I wanted to seem more elegant after that encounter. Fixing the creases on my dress. I cringed a little when I saw I wouldn't be able to smooth them out all the way with my hand alone. 

I made my way back to the room with the cell phone in hand. My mind jumped all over the place. I didn't know what to think. No one thought was interesting enough to stay focused on. My walk stayed confident as I strode into the room, the man of the hour slightly turning his head to see me walking in. 

"I seem to have found a mole, of sorts," I whispered into the fabric of his hood. His hand held mine as I handed him the phone. My girly side screamed, but my 'stoic' side held me together. 

"I'll handle this, watch over the VIPs"

But I don't want toooo~ I groaned to myself. I was already bored with them. I promised myself that if he weren't back in 10 minutes I would go look for him. He doesn't get to die and leave me with all the work. So not happening.

When I watched him leave, I felt regret and a sickly feeling in my stomach. He was just as human as I was, one bullet and we're dead. This brings me to another question. There are literally 100s of people who could just turn around, shoot me and go "home". But they don't. I should look into that, shouldn't I?

I watched the clock, each tick brought me more anxiety. He's an asshole why should I care what happens to him. But he can be really sweet when he wants to. I kept going back and forth between thoughts if I care or not. These bipolar emotional responses were taking a not-so-graceful toll. It was like I could physically feel the bags under my eyes and the knotted position of my eyebrows became nurtural too.

It felt like hours before the game came to an end and there were only a handful of survivors. More than in my game at least. The VIPs were guided back to their rooms and I headed to his office to wait for him. I just hope he doesn't die. 

I tracked up the stairs stopping a minimum of five times to breathe. No matter how many times I walk up and down this hall I would never get used to the leg work. I guess this was my way of distracting myself so I didn't immediately jump to conclusions. I started dragging my feet as they hurt like a bitch in these shoes but I knew I was in the last stretch. 

I was met with the smell of his cologne lightly dancing in the air. I don't think I could get enough. Making my way to his little theatre room bit, I made myself comfortable in his chair and poured myself a glass of his expensive whiskey. The colour was really beautiful. 

The clock ticked as I waited. 10 minutes, 30 minutes, then an hour. I had dazed out on his chair looking into the glass. watching how the ice crackled and moved and the swirl of the drink. A squeeze of my shoulder was quick to pull me from my thoughts.

He looked down at me with a small smile, his eyebrows were softly knitted as he moved around.

"Hey, what happened?" I turned around in the chair to watch him, "You were gone a while." He was quick to walk away and start looking for something. 

"Only an hour" In-Ho grumbled. Not like when he was frustrated or angry but like he was tired. 

"An hour I assumed you were dead." I crossed my arms, continuing to sip at my drink while leaning on the edge of the chair. "Sweet of you to worry about me." He had scoffed a laugh, I just shook my head, and made a squeaky tisk in response.

"Oh ha ha, funny." He pulled out a medium-sized tin box. when he opened it my nose was offended by the sent of medical supplies. "Are you okay?" 

I put my drink down and waddled over to him. I tried to look over him and figure out the issue, but his clothes made it hard at my angle.

"Yeah I'm fine, you should go to bed though." His eyes met mine, it was like they sparkled without anything shiny. His breathing was a little more intense now.

"No, not until you tell me what's wrong." I pulled back on his shoulder so softly but he still flinched and I could hear him suck his teeth. When I looked at my hand I saw a thin layer of blood on the tips of my fingers. I grabbed the fabric at his side and turned him around. His shoulder was covered in blood. 

"Jesus...What the fuck happened?" I tried not to panic, but even I could hear the shake in my voice. 

"It's just a bullet, I'll be fine." A mix of worry and disgust scrunched my face as I cringed at the thought of how it would have felt. "Can I help?" He let out a small breath and nodded.

I pulled him over to his chair. "Could you take that off?" Basically, he stared at me for a good 10 seconds before slowly taking his coat and shirt off. I had to help as the mobility in his shoulder is obviously hindered. I couldn't help but look at him. Bare chest! If I didn't need to help him, I would have already started drooling. 

The chair was at that awkward height where you have to bend over a lot to meet the sitting person and kneeling is too low... for this anyway. So I slowly started putting my weight on his leg as I sat down. His hand moved to my waist and slightly moved me closer. This allowed me to clean the wound and have a proper look at it. It wasn't a clean shot, the bullet was lodged in still and I knew this was going to be painful.

"Okay, Take a mouthful." I passed him my drink and he pretty much sculled the rest, he took a breath to prepare him for the pain of me digging this fucker out. 

I cringed as I started easing the tweezers into the hole. His hand had a fist full of my dress and his body had tensed up a lot. 

"Okay, I think I got it," I whispered to myself. As I started pulling it back It slipped out and the tweezers pulled on the inside of the bullet wound. His head launched forward into my shoulder. If I didn't pull back out he would have fucked himself with a bullet and tweezers.

"You need to stay still." I ruffled his hair and pushed him back so I could finish the job. " It will hurt but maybe if you're good, you can have ice cream." By talking to him I think I could get him distracted enough so he doesn't move so much.

"I hate you" In-Ho grunted.

"How did this happen?" It was so close, that I could see the bottom of the bullet. I half-listened to his story but managed to pull it out. The silver pellet fell onto my lap and with a sigh, I wiped the access dribbling blood on his chest. 

"Why would he shoot you? That would defeat the whole purpose of trying to find you, no?" He just shook his head. I got up so he could finish off patching the wound. While he did that I poured a glass for him and myself. When he came back with a patch on his chest I felt content knowing I helped in some small way. 

He sat back down on the chair and took a swig from the amber liquid, "Come here." I raised my eyebrows in answer. In-ho patted his knee. He wanted me to sit back down...ohh my gowd.

I did as he requested. He put his hand behind my head and softly pulled me down. My head now rested on his shoulder, I hear a click and music starts to play. It was soothing, my heart thumped to its melody and so did his. 

------------------------------------------------

(1402 words)

Heyyyyy hope this is good, I'm going to go back and edit some of the other chapters now, I don't think I could wait till the end. Anyway, should we do some spicy 🌶🌶🌶 next chapter? or do we wait? If you're feeling a little sad, Drink some water, and have a snack. take a nap and know that you're like an arrow, you have to be pulled back to go forward. it will be okay even if you won't believe it. Duckzzz out!