Chapter 21. Anger and Avoidance.

I stood above number 222's square. Anger climbed its way through every vein. I wanted to explode, into hitting and screaming. I never wanted to be angry with anyone. I want to give the love they have given me. My parents, my brother, my friends, and random people on the internet. But this man. Oh, he deserves nothing in life other than a slow death. One where his screams echo off walls.

"What is it? " The man dressed in black had quickly made his way to my side. He didn't sound like he was asking in a worried tone, but more of a "What problem came up now" type.

"I want him gone."
I pointed at the photo, the one with such a disgusting grin. I heard he had taken a deep breath.

"What for? Some sad background story? that doesn't apply here. Every player has an equal chance-" Oh it's like that, huh. I took one step forward, bringing my arm around his neck and pulling him down so his mask pressed against my shoulder. This would have been romantic if I hadn't been so upset. I held out my hand and gestured for one of the standby guards that had also taken to following the frontman around when 'on duty to pass me their gun. I guess that's the one perk of being the new host, they all have to listen to me even if the frontman says otherwise. 

"You better hope you never take that mask off, or I will slap the shit out of that pretty little face, never talk to me like that again." I pushed the barrel of the gun further into his lower hip. "He is a thief, a murderer and a disgusting cheater. I will go in there and kill him myself." I slowly let him go, making sure he was looking at me when I left. I didn't slam the door but I did make sure to let him know what he said wasn't okay.

I let my emotions get the better of me, sure. I know I'm emotionally charged but sometimes I can't click my fingers and everything will be how I want it. I'm a lucky person, sometimes smart too but that doesn't mean I don't have flaws. I mess things up in the best of times, just like my relationships, just like my promise to Ari. I won't stand to be bullied anymore, not when I finally have the power.

If you couldn't tell already, I felt so overwhelmed, this job wasn't all that it was worked up to be. There is only so much you can run away from. 

I just wanted to walk, I haven't seen the sun in a while and I miss the soft kisses it left on my skin. Coloured walls and clacky floors. Everywhere I seemed to go there were cameras. I had a gun in one hand, the other was clenched so tightly I couldn't feel my fingers. I kept repeating to myself the same word "Relax" but it was a struggle to do so.

 I had no idea what I was doing but I do know I didn't want to go back to my room. I don't want to be alone. Usually, I would go see Dal when I felt upset over literally anything, but now it's not that easy.

I had gone down sets of stairs until I opened a door that went down another set only this time it was very dark and dusty.

I could hear people moving, thumping, and wheels on concrete. The beeping of a truck was also heard. I guess it could get really busy in here.  Incinerators? That's actually kinda smart.

I had watched them move about doing their work. I got excited when I had been "asked" more like gestured if I wanted to try. Of course! 

I helped put the box inside and I even got to push the button. I was instantly hit with the smell of burning wood and an intense smell of completely burnt flesh. I bent down to peek through the fiery window. I couldn't see a thing, but the flames lapping at the small window were pretty cool to watch.

"Think we overcooked it" I spoke out. Those who heard laughed. A proper verbal laugh. Not the silent stifled ones I've gotten in the past. But a proper ha ha laugh. That made me happy, knowing I made someone else smile even if I couldn't see it. They were quick to stop which kinda made me upset. This whole rule about no talking, it's such a drag. It can be such a barrier. I liked these people. I wanted to become proper friends with them. We had all feared for our lives at one point, I don't need to look into why they're here or what they've done. It's an instinct. But now, we could just enjoy putting fear into others. 

I want to be involved with that. Maybe I could convince the Frontman to let me? Wait, why do I need to convince him? If we are being technical aren't I supposed to be his superior? The host? I mean I may not know what I'm doing yet but still. I don't want to face him after things that were said. I'm upset with him and I will wait until he comes up with a solid apology. When I think about it, it feels like a bickering couple, just with more fire and danger if you know what I mean. I wonder If he's thinking of me like I am with him, am I strong enough to impress him?

Catching myself zoning out I watched as everyone finished up, they filed out the door and went back to their other duties, whatever they were. I decided I should go back to my room. Get comfortable. Try and call Dal. Do something! I pretty much fell into the sofa, it was like my little couch world. It mimicked the idea of the world swallowing me whole and for some reason, that brought me comfort.

The fire soothed my tired eyes, the crackling was like a song. I didn't feel like reading and there wasn't much else to do other than sleep and read. I should get back into drawing or some other activity. Who knows how long I'll need to be here. So much free time, so little to do. I finally succumbed to sleep as my body melted away, my thoughts drifting of the day ahead of me, the confrontation and such. I really wanted not to do that, you know. Maybe join the players with the honeycomb then go clean out the storage.

------------------------------

(1235 words)Edited x2

edit; I edited this one bog time, hope you all still like it though.

Thank you all for being so patient with me, I cant wait to post another! bye dearest ducklings, love you, and peace out

💛💛💛🐥🦆