Prologue

Hello! It's been more than a year ever since I promised this book, and now, here it is! 

Thank you so much for those who supported me, and provided their time to read this book! Than you so much for waiting for this! 

song used is for both macey and jax's: ang iwasan by moira

PROLOGUE

"Ah, di ka uuwi?" Macey giggled and buried her face on her pillow as she hugged it. She can sense the sulking in her voice. It was a good thing that her camera is turned off so Candace wouldn't see that she's just teasing her. She didn't answer Candace right away as she knows that her teasing trip would just be evident on her voice once she will speak a word.

"May operation ako e." sagot niya nang makabawi.

"Hoy, saklay! Sinasabi ko sa'yo kapag hindi ka umuwi, riyan kami ikakasal, makita mo." She heard a familiar voice. Napapikit na lang siya. Actually, she's too tired to even talk to Candace, and her soon to be husband, Bryson called to check on her. Palagi naman nito iyong ginagawa simula nang umalis siya, but Candace didn't just check on her if she was okay, but also to ask if she would come home.

Napabuntong hininga siya sa kaisipang iyon.

She already has decided to go home but a huge part of her wanted to stay in where she is. If not just for Candace, she won't go home. Candace knows her hesitation, and insisted that Candace and Bryson would be willingly getting married in the country she's in but even though it favors her that idea, she opposed. It was Candace's wedding day, and it's about her best friend, not her.

When Macey insisted that she will go home, everyone back home was worried for her, and to ease that worries away from them, especially Candace, she's teasing them on not going home so they would think twice, para instead na mag-alala sila, they will just accept the idea of her coming home because she can't back out anymore. Kulang na sa oras e.

"Baka nakakalimutan mong iniwan mo ako sa oras ng operation ko, even without telling me." Now, Candace's emotionless voice has an evident reprimand in it. Hindi niya mapigilang mapingiti ulit. Candace became better ever since she left, and after that accident too. Her best friend had moved on.

"Joke lang! To naman!" Bawi niya agad. "Anong gustong pasalubong ni inaanak?"

"Hoy, Macey! Ako gumawa ng inaanak mo! Ako tanungin mo!" She heard the irritating voice of Bryson, but then, she felt happy for the both of them to reach this point despite of what happened to the two, the day she was forced to leave, and runaway from them.

Hindi niya pinansin ang balahurang si Bryson. She opened her camera. Candace also did open her camera when she did. She immediately saw her robot best friend, resting her back on the headboard. Katabi nito ang fiance' nito na walang damit pang-itaas, habang ang kaibigan niya ay suot ang t-shirt ng fiancé niya.

Tignan mo 'tong mga 'to!

Mga dugyot!

Nang-iinggit!

Well...

"Mag damit nga kayo!" she said in pure disgust. Well actually, she's not that disgusted as she seems. It's normal for the both of them, and they don't really look that disrespectful or something similar to that.

Pero kahit na, aba!

"Bakit ba?! Mainit e!" reklamo ni Bryson. Hindi na lang niya pinansin iyon. She looked at her own reflection in the video chat. She's still wearing her scrubs, fresh from the hospital, and fresh from a 15-hour operation. She hasn't eaten anything yet. Ang gusto na lang niya ay matapos ang call, at makatulog na.