Thirty Sixth Heart Beat

Kaiden...

"Kaiden!" That's all Macey could say before she approached Kaiden.

The sheets of the stretcher are pooling with red pigment. Blood. Macey stilled for a moment, if she just didn't saw Kaiden's hand reaching towards her. Upwards. Iyon ang pumukaw ng paningin niya. She can feel her fast heartbeat, turning into familiar torture of pain. His hand reaching to her is covered with blood.

"Kaiden!"

Jaxon's expression a while ago was because of this. Because the trauma patient is Kaiden. Hindi niya alam ang gagawin, o ang uunahin. Her body is reacting first before her mind. Before her rationality but she tried to keep it still. She's trying to calm down, and started to move.

Ang una niyang ginawa ay ang hawakan ang kamay ni Kaiden na umaabot sa kaniya. His state is drowsy. Naririnig niyang nagsasalita ang medic, giving them the current state of the patient—Kaiden. Macey's trying to focus, and listen. To absorb the information.

Jaxon saw how she hold on Kaiden's bloody hand. He stilled for a moment, but avoided his gaze and he proceeded talking to the medic that was with Kaiden. They wheeled Kaiden inside the cubicle. She started to tremble, but she tried her hardest to fight it.

Kaiden's fighting with her ever since and she has to give it. He needs her the most now. At this moment.

With the clearer side and calmer side of her mind, she was able to give orders to the nurse. She's aware that Jaxon's on her back, giving orders to. Compared to her, he's more attentive and alert, as if he doesn't care who's patient on the table. He was the one who cut off Kaiden's shirt, and checked on the wound.

Kaiden's shot below his left rib.

"No exit point." Jaxon muttered a curse upon saying that.

Macey flinched at what she heard but she didn't let go of Kaiden's hand. Wala na itong malay kaya mas lalo siyang nag-alala. Jaxon ordered for intubation, then machines were wheeled inside. All of the nurse are attentive. She moved at her will, and coordinated with Jaxon.

But after a moment, she was surprised when Jaxon grabbed her wrist. Sa gulat niya, hindi na siya nakapag-reklamo. Parang nawala ang kakayahan niyang magsalita, o magreklamo. Her body immediately responded at the touch, and complied.

Nang makalabas sila ay parang doon lang siya nakahinga. She can feel her heart beat, roaring. Kung para saan, alam niyang sa sitwasyon. Para kay Kaiden. Sa pag-aalala para sa binata.

Jaxon stood in front of her. His white coat, painted with blood. Kaiden's blood. Doon niya lang din napagtanto na pati siya ay puro dugo rin. Her hands are all bloody. On her cheeks, on her own coat, and blue scrubs. She can't seem to care at the moment.

Ang tanging nasa isip ay si Kaiden, at ang kagustuhang gamutin ang binata sa abot ng makakaya niya.

"Stay here." Jaxon said in a bland voice. His face was dark. Like he's angry... or tensed. Ang noo nito ay nakakunot. He's all alert, at iyon lang ang sinabi nito bago pinindot ang button ng cubicle.

"Jaxon—" akmang pipigilan niya ito nang bumalik ang tingin nito sa kaniya.

His eyes are now more dangerous than a while ago. He looked at her as if she's a prey in his eyes. There's an emotion on those pupils, but Macey's too hazy—too disturbed to even name it—to even comprehend it. Yet, it was familiar to her.

Nahigit niya ang hininga niya. Jaxon spoke after few seconds. "I don't want an incapable, and a burden doctor to work with me."

That's all he said before he left her outside the cubicle. Kita niya mula sa loob ang ginagawa ni Jaxon, at ang pag-utos nito sa mga nurse. Mukhang may sinabi ito sa isang nurse. Hindi nagtagal ay tumango ito at lumapit sa pinto. The nurse recognized her, and looked at her apologetically before closing it with curtain completely, blocking her sight.