Ninth Scalpel

If there could be louder than silence, this could be it. If there could be louder than their silent, preventive breathings, then, this could be it. Ang tanging maingay lang sa paligid ay ang mga busina nang mangilan-ngilang sasakyan, at ang tunog ng makina ng sasakyan na kinaluluguran nilang dalawa.

Macey's gaze...stayed on the road, and on the window. Not even trying to glance at Jaxon even just for a millisecond. She's trying her hardest to calm herself down.

She's closing her eyes from time to time, at pasimpleng kinakapa ang dibdib, sinususukang huminga nang malalim, at pinapakalma ang bawat tibok ng puso. She's glad that somehow, her reaction isn't as severe as back when Candace's and Brsyon's wedding.

Her heart beat that rhythms out of something she's not really sure of. Kung para ba sa saradong espasyo kung saan hindi siya makakatakas, o dahil sa lalaking katabi niya na hindi man lang niya matignan... or everything. It reminds her of everything. Memories danced in her head.

She's not sure actually.

Isa pa ay lumilipad ang isip niya sa sinabi nito. Candace's looking for her. For each of them so she could calm down. ALam niya kung ano ang pinagd-daanan ng kaibigan bago siya umalis, and the relapse could happen at any moment. May trigger man o wala... o sadyang dahi sa buntis ito.

Hindi na niya alam.

Palagi naman. Palagi siyang hindi sigurado sa kung ano ang mayroon sa paligid, at kahit mismo sa sarili niya, wala na rin siyang kasiguraduhan. Even she's planning, even she's thinking of the future ahead at some point, fate is always cruel to her, wanting her to sway along with the harsh waves of it. Ang kaso lang, imbis na mapabuti siya, she'll end up in the gutter...not so soon, but with so much wounds that was hard to heal.

Napabuntong hininga siya. She clutched herself to calm herself down once again, at siguro, ganon nga talaga kalinaw ang mata niya, and she saw at her peripheral view that Jaxon...did glanced at her. For a second.

It didn't take a second before he withdraws his stare, and his right hand moved from the gear-shift into the on-board screen. Kaagad niyang naalala si blue. Hindi siya nagsalita o gumalaw man lang. She let Jaxon tapped into the screen for a moment, as she busies herself to the empty night street.

Hanggang sa naramdman niyang medyo mas lumamig kaysa sa ilang minuto na ang nakalilipas.

She shivered more. Not that she's cold, pero kanina pa rin naman nananayo ang balahibo niya dahil sa kasama... at dahil sa mga iniisip.

Napakurap siya at bumuntong hininga ulit.

"Do you want to open the windows?"

"A-anong ginawa mo?"

Sabay pa nga.

Hanep!

Timing ah?!

It was awkward for the both of them, making another deafening silence between them. Awkward na nga, nakabibingi pa 'yong katahimikan.

Hindi sinagot ni Jaxon ang tanong niya. His left hand moved this time on his side, before the windows on her side slide down. Napakurap siya sa pagkabigla, hanggang sa hinayaan na lang iyon. At some point, it became a little bit comfortable. Her back slowly relaxed as few strands of her hair danced against the cold night wind.

Napapikit siya, and she only opened her eyes when she felt something warm against her temple. When she looked around, the car already stopped, and they're already in front of Bryson and Candace's house. Nilingon niya si Jaxon, and he's relaxingly sitting on the driver's seat, with his head rested on his seat too.