Thirtieth Heart Beat

The next few days were a bit calm. Macey finished another surgery, then, the moment she stepped out of the operating room, it's already weekend. Finally, makakapag-pahinga na rin siya. She will just check her inpatients then she's opted to go home. She's looking forward to it since Kaiden will be going home to her too.

But she pouted when she heard what Kaiden said on the other line. It's already Saturday midnight. "I can't go home... baka bukas pa. I'm needed here until...Monday."

Napakagat na lang siya sa labi niya at napasandal sa kinauupaun. Hindi siya sumagot.

"Macey?" Kaiden asked, now, worried at her silence.

"Sige..." she said in a low yet energetic voice. Then, she frowned. "Monday pa? Eh linggo ka uuwi sabi mo?"

"Yeah. I will be there, and I will go to office by Monday. The next day."

"Ah..." napatango siya. "I can wait until you're finished there, Kai."

"I don't want you to wait further so I will go there."

"You're not obliged...and I understand." She said to Kaiden.

Wala naman talagang kaso sa kaniya kung hindi makaka-uwi si Kaiden. She understands his work, yet part of her is craving for his company, and already expects his presence. Nasanay na lang siguro siya... but it's okay for her.

Maybe she could use it as time for herself. These past few weeks had been busy, and she's always with Kaiden when it doesn't concern her work. Kung hindi man, sa mga kaibigan niya rin...and to Jaxon. Not that they're having an alone time because she won't let it happen but he's occupying her mind.

Weh?

Kailan ba hindi?

Well, at least, it lessened. NAraramdaman naman niya na kahit papaano, katulad ng sinabi niya kay Kaiden, nakaka-usad siya. Hindi na sa iisang bagay kumu-konekta ang mundo niya. She's in the start of discovering what the world could offer for her, the other side that she failed to see. Discovering herself, and what are the possible chances...

Little by little.

Baby steps.

But she wonders, where does this path will lead her?

"I will go there as early as I can." Kaiden pulled her out of her thoughts.

She nodded. "Okay. Ingat, Kaiden."

"Are you mad?" Kaiden's voice was softer this time. Para bang... natatakot na magtampo siya, at magalit. Parang tanga. Kaiden told her himself that she's not capable of it, but here he is, as if trying to balance her, asking if she's angry.

"Why would I be mad, Kai?" napangiti na lang siya.

"So, my Habibi is upset?"

Natawa siya. "Kaiden, you understand when I was busy, and can't go to your home, and I'm doing the same thing now." She said to Kaiden. Iyon ang natutunan niya... that they will adjust for one another, and not clash against one another. Hindi pwedeng isa lang ang mag-a-adjust.

"Alright then." Malalim itong huminga.

"I will go there."

"No, I will pick you up there."

"Eh busy ka nga!" sabi niya. Hindi rin talaga papayag si Kaiden pero sinusubukan niya. "Bakit ba ayaw mo? I will take the bus!"

"No."

"Kaiden!" Pagpupumilit niya.

"You can go here alone..." he trails. "But I can't let that when I have the means..."