EPILOGUE 1/2

Merry Christmas, everyone! 💘🌲☃️
Penge salad 🤤🤭

EPILOGUE

Jaxon's point of view

"Tell me if you found something relevant."

I scoffed at what Easton said. Para bang pinapasweldo ako kung maka-utos. I glanced at him for a moment and returned my gaze on my screen. My fingers are swiftly moving as second passes by, as if I am in my working hours, but so far, I am not working. This is personal. I've been doing this for months. I've sent my men out of desperation to find a starting point. I am giving my all like I never had. Just to even have the slightest hint.

Just to know where she is.

Macey.

My stubborn.

Macey's here. She didn't leave the country, but for some reason I can't find her. I've been looking for a smallest footprint, or even a slightest trace of where she'd been but I can't find any. For a reason, Macey is surrounded by the people that aren't normal. Gusto ko mang mainis sa katotohanang iyon, alam ko, wala akong karapatan.

She chose to leave me. She chose to walk away, and turn her back on me like what I did to her first. Alam ko na kahit sa puntong iyon nangpagtalikod niya, at sa kabila ng galit at paninisi, alam ko, mahal niya pa rin ako.

Pero may hangganan ang lahat.

Love is limitless but it doesn't guarantee that it is endless.

For what I did, I know that her love for me will soon end. I know that fact, and I have to understand it. She gave her all of me to me. She sacrificed a lot without limiting herself. Despite of being in pain, despite of the restraints, she limitlessly loved me.

And I put an end on it.

Yet, how ironic that my love for her has a limit, but it seems to be endless. Hindi ko sigurado kung matatapos ba ang pagmamahal na ito sa kaniya. Hindi ko gustong matapos sa kabila ng limitasyong inilagay ko. This is my punishment for what I did in return to her sacrifices.

And I refuse to accept it.

Not until now.

Not ever.

Napatingin ako sa picture frame na maliit sa gilid ng monitor ko. Automatically, my fingers stopped on moving for a moment of calmness when I saw what's on the picture frame. As if telling me, I have to calm down. I have to rest. Even for a moment.

It reminded me, of how denial I was, that despite of my storm, she got an eye to calm it from within. I wasted it all. I regret it in the end. I turned her into a storm, and nowhere to find its own eye.

Unconsciously, I touched her image, hoping that I could still have the chance to hold her. Alam kong suntok sa buwan ang kahilingan na iyon ngayon but what's keeping me sane are those thoughts. Those kinds of hopes that maybe someday, I would be able to redeem myself.

O kung pwede lang, mabura ang lahat na para bang hindi nangyari. Maybe, if that happens, I will-or I can choose something isn't what I chose to do first. Maybe, if there's a chance to undo everything for a restart, maybe I will have the chance to stay than to walk out. Maybe, I won't fail like this.

Maybe I should've asked her. Maybe, I should've listened...than to accuse her with finality.

Maybe... just maybe.

"Where are you..." I mumbled.

I didn't sulk. I didn't get drunk. I didn't push people away when I lost her. I stayed the same, with regrets in my heart. With guilt as I wake up every morning. Nababaliw na siguro ako dahil hindi man lang kita sa akin ang pagluluksa...o pagsisisi.