Seventeenth Heart Beat

No words came out from each of them. Silence almost became the comfort for the both of them. Nitong mga nakaraan, walang kahit anong salita ang namutawi sa kanilang dalawa. It was just... only few words. Out of the past, out of the pain, and that's just it.

Palagi, katahimikan ang namamagitan sa kanilang dalawa. Nakikiramdam. Bumabalanse. Hanggang ang isa sa kanila—o pareho pa minsan, pinipiling... tumalikod na lang.

But this silence, this silence in between them was comforting. No one walked away. Silence didn't bother to balance them. Even weigh their feeling. As if, the restraints that they have for both of them to hold back vanished. Para bang hawak ng katahimikan ang lahat ng pumigil sa kanilang dalawa.

Silence gave way to them. Just this once.

Silence comforted them. Silence put them to the place where they both wanted to be, in their most private and ignored thoughts at the back of their head. Silence pulled them, to this.

"Shh..." Jaxon hugged her tighter. Hindi na sigurado si Macey kung para pa ba sa pagpapakalma sa kaniya, o sa ibang dahilan na. Macey, on the other hand, as if it has its own mind, gripped on Jaxon's white coat, crumpling it inside her palms. Tightly, with no mercy.

Then, she cried harder. Sobs after sobs. Her mind too clouded to even think. To even distance herself away from him. As if, some unconscious part of her found its ally and doesn't want to let go anymore until she's calm.

"J-jaxon..." she unconsciously called. All of it didn't came from her mind. It wasn't rational, as of now. Ang may sala? It's the broken beats of her heart. Na kahit sugatan na, kahit sirang-sira na, nagpupumilit pa rin.

"Macey." He whispers. Jaxon's head nuzzled on her neck, even with the little access he had. Ang isang kamay, nasa likod ng ulo, pasimpleng sinusuklay ang buhok niya, soothing, and calming her. He sniffed her scent.

Then, Macey felt hot... mist... tears... sliding own on her neck where Jaxon's face nuzzled.

She stilled.

They stayed like that. For a moment. Caring about nothing. About anyone. Savoring every second. Every heartbeat, not letting go until satisfied. As if, nothing bad happened between them. As if, it's all good. Everything's better. They both ignored the nightmare, and let their hearts be.

They let everything pour.

In the silence lingers between them.

Silence let them have their way, until they're both satisfied. Until, they both know they need to let go.

Seconds go round the clock, until it turned to minutes, until the both—as if, both of them heard its alarm, waking them both up. As if, the silence is finally over, and the chaos between them came to rise, and they both have to distance away from each other or else, they will get wounded. Once again.

"Take a rest, and I'll leave you here... until it's over." Umiwas ng tingin sa kaniya si Jaxon. Siya, gano'n din ang ginawa. His voice was raspy, as he stepped distance away from her, giving her enough space to breath.

Hindi siya sumagot.

"Please, don't go there." Jaxon whispered once again.

Wala na isa ang gumalaw muli sa kanila. Parehong umiiwas ng tingin, hanggang sa siya na ang dumistansya sa pintuan. Jaxon took it as a cue to leave, but Macey—it was too sudden thought that her hand moved out of instinct.

She held on the sleeves of his white robe, stained with blood from what happened earlier.

Jaxon stiffened at that, before he looked at her. His breathing ragged. His eyes, went back to stone cold, as well as his face. As if nothing happened. Ang tanging bakas lang ay ang mata nito namumula.