Twentieth Heart Beat

They kissed once again, and Jaxon is looking at them again too. Kitang-kita na siya ang humalik sa pagkakataon na ito. Something she needed to prove to him, and to herself too. She heard gasps near from their table, and sudden murmurs. Macey's eyes shut close, but something inside her sparked. It almost surprised her, that made her pull away in an instant.

Macey opened her eyes, and almost the same, Kaiden's eyes fluttered open too. Slowly, as if he's savoring the kiss, she'd unexpectedly given him. Nabigla, oo, pero sa lahat ng taong kilala ni Macey, alam niyang mabilis makabawi si Kaiden. His golden eyes flickered with satisfaction, the same time, he licked his lips and teased her.

Then, without warning, he planted a soft kiss on her lips before his eyes looked behind her, as if mocking someone.

Nanatili ang tingin niya kay Kaiden, hanggang sa makabalik siya sa kinauupuan. Bumalik ang tingin sa kaniya ni Kaiden. He didn't said anything, but pushed the serving of fruit towards her.

"Eat more, Habibi..." anito at nagpatuloy na sa pagkain.

Siya, bumaba ang tingin sa pagkain na ibinigay sa kaniya ni Kaiden, at hindi manlang gumalaw o nagsalita. Kating-kati na siyang lingunin si Jaxon kahit hindi naman na dapat niya gawin iyon. si Kaiden, nakatingin lang sa kaniya.

"At least, appreciate my mint breath strips." He remarked, almost with a snort when she remained as is. Nagblanko ang utak niya sa sariling ginawa, habang kinakain siya ng guilt, na dapat ay hindi naman.

Napalunok siya.

"You hate our kisses." He said with certainty. "Smile, Emma. Halata ka masiyado."

She looked at Kaiden, and there's something in his golden eyes. Pain? Insult? Hindi niya mapangalanan. Mas lalo siyang naguilty. Sa totoo lang, hindi na niya alam kung para saan ang guilt na 'yon. She doesn't hate their kisses. She doesn't like it either, but she felt responsible for it.

Just for all of these.

"He wasn't looking. Too bad." He said when she still remained silent.

She heaved a breath. Tumango na lang.

Kaiden scoffed. His face remained prideful, iba sa sinasabi sa kaniya. Para siguro hindi hindi mahalata na scripted ang ginawa nilang dalawa. Kung hindi, pareho silang malalagot.

"You responded when I said he wasn't looking." He pointed out. "Are you guilty?"

"Kai..." awat niya. Paniguro, hindi natutuwa si Kaiden.

"At least, you have the courage to kiss me now," he just said, dismissing the topic. "I'm the only one who enjoyed it, though."

NApanguso na lang si Macey sa sinabi ni Kaiden. Clearly, both of them benefited from the kiss they just had for a show. Maybe, Kaiden is because he likes her and he's taking advantage of it, but her? She's not sure yet.

She focused on Kaiden. "Second time pa lang naman..."

His lips tugged up. "Uulit pa?"

She bit her lips, and she tried to smile. She just used Kai, and the last thing he deserves is her guilt at what they did. It wasn't wrong, but it doesn't feel right either. Nonetheless, as what he said, she should solve her issues.

"Isn't the goal, mayor?"

Napakurap si Kaiden sa sinabi niya, at sa pagbabago ng expression niya. He stared at her and slowly nodded. "Good. You're really learning."

She grinned. "Thank you..."

They finished their food. Nang tumingin siya sa table nila Jaxon habang palabas, wala na sila roon to her relief. Hindi niya alam kung bago pa sila maghalikan ni Kaiden, o matapos. Wala namang binaggit ang kasama niya.