Thirty Eighth Heart Beat

Three rings.

Macey's call was answered right away, and that's her cue to squeal her heart out. Nasundan iyon ng pagtawa. Kaiden wasn't able to get the chance to asked what happened, and to worry. Halata naman sa tili niya, at sa tawa niya na walang nangyaring masama sa kaniya.

"Kaaaai!" she called him like a kid. Her voice was evident of happiness. "They agreed. Gosh... pumayag na sila! Matutuloy na 'to!"

Then, she heard his chuckle, and a faint movement of a chair. "Macey, I'm happy for you."

His voice was full of energy too. Halata na rin ang ngiti sa boses ni Kaiden. Macey laughed once again, and she felt the tears in her eyes as she realized it. The news... the way how the meeting went, she suddenly felt alive, and the strange happiness—this rare happiness that she's feeling is making her float on the clouds.

She's happy.

Matagal bago niya naramdaman ang ganitong bagay. She felt alive, as if something was revived within her. She feels she found her purpose once again, and she's really on the right track. Habang tumatagal siya rito, kahit noong una ay nagsisisi siyang umuwi dahil sa nangyari, habang tumatagal, nawawala na 'yon. Habang tumatagal, mas nagugustuhan niya rito.

Those bad memories are being replaced by these things. That even if she's restrained at the things she used to love, she used to do, and used to have, as if the fate is giving her a chance this time to have what she wanted in other ways. Siguro, sa ngayon, pinabibigyan na siya ng tadhana.

She doesn't want to think that this will be taken away from her soon. She's liking it this way. Ang sabi ni Russel, wala na. Wala ng tali sa kaniya. She can do everything at her own will. She's free. She's feeling it little by little. Russel, her friend is right.

Sana ay h'wag bawiin sa kaniya ito.

Unti-unti, ang ganitong pangyayari, at ganitong kasiyahan, kahit hindi siya sanay alam niya sa sarili niya na dapat 'to sa kaniya. She deserves to be happy and free despite of the things that she'd been through. That she shouldn't hold back at the things she really wanted to have...to feel, and to love.

She can't wait until she's really free and not caged anymore. She won't stop...until she's free. She will hunt it until she will feel the completeness with her.

Freedom.

And she just has to find it. Maybe, at the end of the road she's taking, she will be finally free. With the final choice she's going to make, and with the consequences she's going to take.

Kung ano man iyon, sana ay wala siyang pagsisihan.

But she's hoping...

Hoping that it will be worth it in the end.

"I will go there for you, Emma. We have to celebrate this." There's an urgency in Kaiden's voice. Excitement. Pareho sila. They planned and weaved this altogether, and having to reach it this far is worth it. She's happy to have it. Both of them.

"Sure!" she wiped her happy tears, and sat on her swivel chair. Tambak ang papeles, at ang trabaho niya. She's also aware that one of these days, and the next following months will be handful to her. Baka mawalan na rin siya ng oras sa surgery. Hindi siya sigurado.

But she's not worried.

She have this. She will be able to help a lot of patients. The inmates.

"I will try to finish my job here, and take a leave as soon as possible." He said. "I will be there with you."