Forty Ninth Heart Beat

I'm a year older today so here's an update!

CHAPTER THEM SONG: 

Speak now by Taylor Swift

Ikaw pa rin by Moira 

Patawad by Moira 

*** 

JAXON sipped on his cup while directly staring at Kaiden. Ganoon din ang ginagawa ng kaharap. Both of them measuring each other's stares while on defensive mode. Nga lang, kung siya ay seryoso ang ekspresyon, at nakakunot ang noo, Kaiden in front of him seem to mock him even without saying a word.

It is the usual look of Kaiden, to be honest. Mocking, sarcastic, and prideful. It just changes when he's in front of Macey. Every part of Kaiden every time he's in front of Macey softens. But the thing is, even Kaiden's way of looking at him now is his usual, Jaxon can't help but to feel insulted. There's something in Kaiden's closet today, and he's about to serve it to him any moment now.

"What do you want to talk about?" He asked Kaiden, at nang matapos na 'to. He doesn't like wasting his time like this, while sipping hot drinks. He's still on duty when Kaiden called him to talk. Hindi niya rin alam kung bakit pa siya pumayag na makipagkita.

Kaiden is an irrelevant person to him even until today. It's just so happened that Macey's with him. And maybe, he went to talk to Kaiden to confront the things that they are both avoiding, that ended up in their numerous fights. Nadadamay pa nga si Macey sa kagagawan nilang dalawa.

It should be better, now that Macey cut off ties with him, to talk to Kaiden and settle things. Even things ended up the way he doesn't want, it's still Macey who's involved. Giving her a hard time is out of his options. He already gave her a lot of it, and there should a room for him, for a change, and give comfort to Macey at his most extent.

Kaiden sighed before looking at the glass wall. There are numerous cars passing by. Sumandal ang kaharap sa upuan, at pinagkrus ang mga braso.

"We're getting married today."

His hold on the warm cup loosened, and he felt like his soul left his body by those mere words from Kaiden's mouth. Hindi siya kaagad nakapagsalita. He felt his heart clenched in pain, almost similar to the pain he felt days ago inside the church.

"She agreed to marry me. We'll get married later." Kaiden repeated once again. "Then, we'll prepare for the church wedding in Pangasinan."

"W-what?" Maybe, his ears are playing tricks on him.

Kaiden smirked, until it ended up into a small chuckle. "Fast, isn't it?"

"You..." he couldn't find the words to say, or to defend... to ask. Like he lost his mind right at that moment.

"But waiting doesn't matter isn't it, Skyler? Right timing doesn't help at all. If you want that person, if you started to see future with her, go for it. No long waitings, no preparations, no perfect timing, nor place. As long as... love is there, and the person is there, then go for it."

Napalunok siya.

"I hope you are aware of that."

Jaxon wanted to say something. He wanted to ask questions, he wanted to ask for explanation on how it happened, what happened, but he feels like he was back in time where he found himself restricted of all those. End point, it is his fault, and he can't earn that right.

He feels that now.

Tumingin si Kaiden sa kaniya. "The first time I saw her was more than four years ago. In the veranda of my house." His lips twitched. "I've heard of her before, and saw her pictures on the internet because of her line of work. She looks soulful but that moment, she looked like she died, and she's unconsciously reaching for someone's hand to hold her."