Part 8

Sorry for the late update.

Nakatulog na ako kagabi.

I blinked at him.

"I..I don't get you."

We're in the middle of nowhere. What is he thinking?

I have no clue what this guy is thinking.

My heart started to beat faster. As if anytime, it's going to leap out of my chest.

Few drops of rain started to pour from the distance.

I looked outside the window.

"What else? We're just going to talk to calm down, four eyes."

He tilted his head and grinned.

"Are you thinking of something else?"

You bet I am! What do you expect me to do? Think we're going to have a picnic in the middle of nowhere?

"N-no. Of course not.", I lied.

I looked at the car that passed by. The road is still visible but it's starting to rain heavily.

I wanted to trust his words but his actions showed otherwise. If he wants to talk, then we could have stopped at a coffee shop or something.

Somewhere where there's a lot of people.

He took a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket and was about to light it up when I stopped him. I grabbed his hand.

"I have asthma."

He stared at me as if gauging if I were lying.

Why would I?

"My attacks started when we're in primary school. I have my med with me if you want to be sure."

He rolled his eyes and shoved my hand. He threw the cigarette on the dashboard.

"What a pain.", he mumbled.

I cleared my throat.

"S-so, what do you want to t-talk about?"

"What do you think?", he asked in a menacing voice.

He leaned closer to me so I had to move back a bit. Our eyes locked.

"Why are you avoiding me, four eyes?"

This is the exact reason why I don't want to be alone with him. Cause I know he's going to talk about this.

I looked away.

"I-I am not."

He leaned back to his seat.

"Yes, you are."

"You must be seeing things."

He snickered.

"Yeah. I must be seeing things. You ran out of the cafeteria every time I try to come near you. I guess that's not you. You avoided me whenever you see me in the hallway. That girl must look like you. You ate in the nook to not see me. Yeah, I think everyone in school looks like you. ", he said sarcastically.

"Y-yeah.", was the only thing I can say.

What can I say? It's all true!

I kept on avoiding him. It feels like he's all over the campus. I have nowhere to run.

My answer made him impatient. He grabbed my arm and pulled me closer. I have no choice but to look at him.

"Don't lie to me."

I tried to wiggle his handoff.

"T-Tyler, you're hurting me."

"You can't run from me. You know that. We already did what we did. There's no turning back now."

I was taken by surprise when he kissed me.