Part 40

"You. You're my problem. And I decided going after you would be the only solution. Whether you like it or not."

I stared at him.

This guy is crazy. Can he hear himself? Why are the people around act so weird?

"You're also one of my many problems, but you're not one of the solutions.", I said, mocking him.

He was about to speak when I heard someone call my name.

"Krysh!"

It was Tyler. I didn't notice we were already in front of their lawn. He looked miserable in that chair. Well, that's what you get when you drunk drive.

Tyler started to come close to us.

The door behind him opened and Tiff went out. "Tyler, slow down!", she said cause Tyler is pushing the wheels too fast.

I rolled my eyes.

What a good way to ruin my day.

Tyler looked at Van, somehow glaring at him. Van, being the oblivious person he is, didn't notice Tyler's death glares.

"Looks like you're getting better.", Van said as soon as Tyler got closer.

"Yeah.", Tyler said. He looked at me and his facial feature softens.

"How are you?"

I know there's more to that question. After all, he's the only person who knows about what happened between me and Mum. I never got the chance to tell Sunny.

I know I should have told her. She's my best friend after all. But it's really hard to bring it up. It's not like just any random topic we could chitchat about. I don't know how to start the conversation.

How would I say it?

'Hey, Sunny. Guess what? I'm adopted.'

That sound off. And I don't even want to talk about it. I'll tell her some other time. Maybe after a week or two.

"I'm fine.", I said.

Tiffany nodded at Van to acknowledge his presence. Why didn't I notice this before? She's been doing that since the day I got close with Van.

I thought she was just simply saying hi to a friend. Well, my bad.

Tiffany held Tyler's shoulder. "Tyler..", she mumbled but Tyler did not look at her.

"Are you sure?", he asked, still looking at me.

I just want to leave. I don't want to see their faces. I also don't want to talk to Tyler. Especially after what happened.

"Yeah.", I said. "I'll get going."

Tyler and Van looked like they still want to say something but I quickly turned my back on them and walked away.

Mum was not around when I got home. It's been like this for days now. I'll come around 5 pm and will lock myself in my room.

She'll be done with her work by 7 pm. By that time, I have already finished eating dinner. Our oldest maid usually cooks dinner for us.

Cause Mum couldn't. She's a kitchen jinx after all.

Today is supposed to be one of the happiest days of my life. I got accepted into Oxford after all.

But why does my life looks black and white? I looked at the empty halls of our house.

Would it be better if I have siblings? Why didn't they adopt one more child? It would be better that way. I guess?

I decided to put the acceptance letter in Mum's room. She's still my Mum. And I'd still like her to know the results of my exam. She's still a big part of my life.

I went upstairs and opened her door. I was shocked to see her sitting on her bed.

It looks like she's spacing out. She noticed me and looked at me in surprise.

"Uhm, sorry... Mum. I thought you were not home.", I said silently. I looked at my hands.

I waited for her response but she stayed silent. I looked at her and saw tears starting to form in her eyes. Something inside me started to ache. I can feel my stomach swirl.

"Mum.", I prompted when she just stared at me.

"Oh...", she giggled. The lines on her face looked more obvious now. It's as if she's not been sleeping. I also notice she lost a few pounds. She's much more skinny now.

"I'm sorry sweetie. It's just that, it's good to hear your voice. Do you need anything from me?"

I tried my best to hold on to my tears. I didn't know how I miss Mum until I saw her. I want to hug her so badly.

"I... I got accepted in Oxford, Mum."

She smiled. The biggest smile I've ever seen. "Oh ghad. That's good news! Congratulations, sweetie!", then she acted as if hesitating. "Do you want to celebrate with Sunny? I could give you money so you can go out and celebrate it."

My heart felt like being torn to pieces. Hearing mum's words sounded like she was trying her best to not break down in front of me. I felt so bad for what I did.

I ran towards Mum and tears started to fall down my eyes. I missed her so much.

"No, Mum.", I said hugging her. "I want to celebrate it with you. I'm sorry Mum. I'm sorry..."

Mum hugged me back and we both cried. "Oh sweetie, I missed you.", she said and kissed my forehead.

I kept on repeating I'm sorry and mum did the same.  I never thought asking for forgiveness and accepting it would feel this good.

I hugged Mum as tight as I could.

With tears still in my eyes, I said, "Can you come with me to the UK and leave everything here, Mum?"

------

Sorry for the super late updateee! Thank you for the support guys! Please continue supporting my stories! We're on our way to 400k reads!

Plugs:
Please read my other story "You're secret is safe with me". Mature content too.